Forum & 3rd Party Helpdesk?

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by Shyuan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Shyuan

Shyuan New Member

Hi xfrocks,

All this while I wanted to do this single sign on thingy between my forum and a helpdesk software called ArcticDesk. Is [bd] API useful for such function? Sorry about the silly question as I am not much of a coding person, I only know developers over that side told me about API thingy, and I saw you have this API thingy, so I thought of trying my luck asking about it. If this is irrelevant, kindly ignore it :) Thanks for your time.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

There are two ways to provide SSO (single sign on) between XenForo and ArcticDesk: one uses XenForo for authentication and... one uses ArcticDesk. The document from the site is not very detailed so it's hard for me to review carefully but I think we cannot let ArcticDesk act as authentication system because their REST API doesn't support any authorization method so far. With that in mind, we can explore the option to use XenForo to authenticate user to ArcticDesk. I see that they have integration with LDAP which is a good authentication scheme. Unfortunately the link is currently a place holder so... we can't do much at this point. If you have their license, you can try contact their support and ask for the LDAP module, from that we can see if we can make XenForo and ArcticDesk work together.

It's worth noting that making two systems like this working together will usually take quite a lot of time and effort.