Discussion in 'WordPress' started by alvarofloresmx, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. alvarofloresmx

alvarofloresmx New Member

#1 , Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    [SOLVED] Feel free to check my ideas and "debugging" it might help you if you experience the same "problem"

Hi there I installed everythings and all seems to be incredible, cookies and login and profile redirect and wow!

I have 1 issue and 1 question:

• Issue: Avatar is not updating. I change it from my existing account profile (on XF profile) and it keeps the male and female default avatar. Im using API 1.2.1b, Api consumer 1.1.0. XF 1.3.2 and latest WP. I had W3 Total cache activated but i deactivated did hard refresh ctrl + F5 but nothing seems to change
    • Question: If I want to make an user moderator in XF and author y WP, wil changing the user to moderator in XF will assign it to another role? I guess I should do them separetly but I'm not quite sure.
    Thanks a lot!

Here are the links to my website: www.doblecombo.com.mx
    Forum: www.doblecombo.com.mx/forum

BTW: This is an awesome plugin, I tried another one but this one seems to be the best plugin so far!

UPDATE 1: I did an important discovery, only my account (admin account both on WP and XF same username) updates my avatar :D I'm guessing its the permission thing somewhere. Any ideas?

UPDATE 2: It worked, it seems it just took a bit for the first time, not it changes faster, will try again with W3 total cache to see if it changes again

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

If an user update his/her profile from no avatar to custom avatar, the user need to login to refresh the cached avatar. For avatar update (new image), it will be cached using server caching header. This is by design.

In short: please wait a bit for avatars to update themselves :)