Could not active wordpress plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Cuong, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Cuong

Cuong Member

I got this error:
    ( ! ) SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
    ( ! ) Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'endforeach' (T_ENDFOREACH) in C:\wamp\www\web\wp-content\plugins\includes\dashboard\profile.php on line 51
    Call Stack
    #TimeMemoryFunctionLocation
    10.0011408320{main}( )..\plugins.php:0
    21.430335847144plugin_sandbox_scrape( )..\plugins.php:148
    31.430535861512include( 'C:\wamp\www\web\wp-content\plugins\xenforo-api-consumer.php' )..\plugins.php:146

2. Cuong

Cuong Member

Ah, because I did not switch on short tag

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Cuong I removed requirement for short tag in the next version.

3. Cuong

Cuong Member

Probably a problem with not using clean url. I am trying to fix and will report back.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Cuong Maybe. Or you can wait for the new version. It drops requirement for that. Expected to available today.

Cuong likes this.
  4. Cuong

Cuong Member

I am waiting for the next version. I am still a bit confused though. Say a user creates an account in wordpress with name A. Assuming in xenforo, there is also another user named A. Now the user in xenforo tries to login to wordpress, will it conflict with the user registered via wordpress? I have no problem with allowing new account and login through xenforo only; actually prefer that. So basicly we disable registration via wordpress.

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

If the email matches, user will be connected automatically. Or user can associate from the profile.php page.

6. Cuong

Cuong Member

I see, still prefer to have an option to register through xenforo only or alternatively check if the name already exists in xenforo database though. Say someone hates A in the forum and creates the same name in wordpress and acts as an imposter then that could be a problem.

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You can disable new registration on the WordPress side using WordPress option.

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 6.14.30 PM.png

Cuong likes this.
  8. Cuong

Cuong Member

I love this man f*8 genius. There are 2 hickups:
    * When I approve a post in wordpress (coming from a forum), the reply button disappear but it does update replies from the thread.
    * Same situation as above, but after the post is approved and I sync, a new thread is created in the same forum, so create a duplicate in the forum.

1. Cuong

Cuong Member

Cuong @Cuong This has nothing to do with your addon. I disabled discussions in wordpress!

9. Cuong

Cuong Member

Also, attachments are not uploaded to wordpress, but I don't think this is a problem, we would have to manually do it ourselves.

10. Cuong

Cuong Member

One more thing, the logic of sync posts on wordpress. As I understand only posts from users who approved API (or whatever you call it) can be displayed on wordpress comments. Now this may cause confusion, say A reply to B on the forum thread, but B has not approved the permission, so only A's comment is displayed on wordpress but not B. Now viewers reading A's comment on wordpress would not understand what his comment referring to...

11. Cuong

Cuong Member

Another hickup: my dev site has this structure:
    Wordpress is installed in a subdiretory called wordpress but has root url as described in here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory (*)
    Now everything works fine except that after login via xenforo the user is redirected to localhost/wordpress instead of localhost and get a 404 error.
    Wordpress is indeed installed in localhost/wordpress but with the method described in (*) viewers won't have access to localhost/wordpress that's why the error. When I added a new client in xenforo I point it to locahost not sure why it is redirected to localhost/wordpress.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Cuong Please start a new thread for this issue. Thank you.

Cuong likes this.
  12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

First problem as you said is solved. But can you elaborate on the second issue? Steps to reproduce?

Guest sync is planned for next version.

1. Cuong

Cuong Member

Cuong @xfrocks 1. I created a thread in a forum that is linked to a tag
      2. I clicked Settings->Xenforo API Consumer->Sync Now.
      3. I went to Posts. Now a new draft was created. I clicked Edit, changed Status to Published then Update.
      4. I clicked Settings->Xenforo API Consumer->Sync Now.
      5. I went to the forum and checked. Now a new thread with exactly the same content was created in the forum.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Cuong This bug has been fixed in the next version ;) Thank you.

Cuong likes this.