Could not log in to my WP with my XF id

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Forum Lover, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

I followed instruction. Tagging forums, APIs and all. But yet I can't login to my WP with my XF ids.

No matter what you do, its always redirected to this page.

[​IMG]

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you take screenshot during the steps? From clicking the "login with XenForo" link to authorizing and back?

Forum Lover likes this.
    1. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

Forum Lover @xfrocks You click "long in with XenForo", Its not going to any authorizing, its just refresh and come to same page. I don't know what exactly what screenshot I can make out of it.

3. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

I am having this link,
    Code:
    http://joubonjatra.com/arcade/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fjoubonjatra.com%2Farcade&xfac_error=cannot_register

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Lucky we have the error here, it indicates that the logged in XenForo account matches a WordPress account but the email does not match. Maybe I should show the association form for this situation. In the mean time, please try again with another accounts combo.

5. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

#6 Frode789, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 Your redirect URI is not matched. Make sure you enter the correct WordPress site address (http://www.worldofdota2.com/) when you create the client in XenForo.

2. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

Frode789 @xfrocks Thanks! So I managed to connect the accounts, but WP is still acting strange. I can login (with "login with xenforo" I get redirected to WP home page, with normal login button I come to dashboard on WP), but on the WP main page I am still missing admin panel, and the links "login" and "register" are still visible on the top bar. Any ideas?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 Did you connect to the right WordPress admin account? By default, the plugin will register a new account (without admin permission). If you go to /wp-admin and only see the profile page then it's a normal account (not an admin account).

Regarding the login and register link on the top bar, you need to confirm with the theme designer.

4. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

Frode789 @xfrocks Yes on profile page it is connected to "Frode". (admin acc) This isn't a design theme issue, already checked.

1 login for WP/Xenforo is not working? I have to login to both. I made a dummy account (in xenforo). I login to xenforo, all okay. I go to wordpress, have to login there too. I click login with xenforo and grants access. Now I gotta go back to WP, login again, this time with normal login button from WP. Okay, I get directed to WP panel. So accounts are synced. But if I log out from one place, the other one is still logged in. And same goes for login.

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 Logouts are not sync for now. They may be in the future but the priority is rather low.

Please note that admin account from XenForo when sync'd will not automatically have admin permission in WordPress. So if the XenForo "Frode" account is sync'd as a new account in WordPress, the new account is not a normal account.

6. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

Is there plans to get two-way user sync in the addon? I am interested in everything going through Xenforo. Which is the way most bridges go (WP -> forum software bridges).

So everything goes through Xenforo, /wp-login.php links are sent to Xenforo registration. After registration and login on Xenforo, you are redirected to the "grant access" page first for sync & automatic creation of WP account. If you login/logout in either location, you will automatically to the same in the other.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 If you meant to have 2-way sync as in email/password sync then no. It is not planned.

Currently, everything is going through XenForo. Accounts created by the bridge doesn't have password and must be authenticate via XenForo.

For login/logout status sync, it is planned (as I said above).

7. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

What I meant was that you can log in to WordPress with your XenForo account (user authentication is entirely handled by XenForo), so the WordPress login is redirected to the XF installation. It is just confusing that you can login to one instance, and not the other one (the "login to xenforo" link on WP login page).

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 I don't understand the difference between your two mentioned instances. Can you take a screenshot?

8. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

[​IMG]

This is confusing, there should only be 1 login button, and that logs the user into both places. As for first time authentication (you have created xenforo acc, and WP acc, and now you want to login and sync them), that should be more clear in this login window. "Click this link to connect your Xenforo and WP accounts" or something. (and only 1 button to make it more clear)

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

@Frode789, you misunderstood the system. It offers an alternative way to log into your WordPress account: you don't have to remember a separate username/password combo, just use your XenForo credentials. What you want (XenForo as the only way to login) is possible but different.

My point is, the system is not confusing at all. It mirrors popular sites (including XenForo) way of accepting external authentication.

10. Frode789

Frode789 New Member

Yes, I understand it is different, but I only use WP to post articles etc, and so it is pointless for regular users to have an account there. Thus it is easier and seems more coherent for the users to force registers/login with Xenforo. But I understand if this isn't the route you want to take, luckily there are other bridges recently released.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Frode789 Yes. There are plenty of choices now :D

11. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

@xfrocks any ETA for releasing?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

Forum Lover likes this.