Help needed about posting in Forum through Wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cknight03, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. cknight03

cknight03 New Member

Hi,
    I have just installed the Bridge between wordpress and xenforo forum. I have followed each step and installation is completed without a single error.
    Now I need help, If I want to set this bridge in such a way that whenver wordpress posts are created a thread of the post is also posted in perticular section of forum.
    Please guide how it is possible.?

Thanks in advance.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You will need to setup the tag / forum mapping (at the bottom of the plugin options page). When new WordPress post is posted with the tag attached, it will be published to the specified forum in XenForo.

cknight03 likes this.
  3. cknight03

cknight03 New Member

Understood. Let me do it.

4. cknight03

cknight03 New Member

Still same. I have created a post with a tag and did map that tag to particular forum in plugins settings of wordpress.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cknight03 Have you connected your WordPress account to a XenForo account?

cknight03 likes this.
  5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You can do that by going to http://domain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/profile.php (change the url to match your installation). Scroll down to the bottom, there should be a link to connect your XenForo account. After connecting successfully, future posts will be synced under the connected XenForo account to the specified XenForo forum.

cknight03 likes this.
  6. cknight03

cknight03 New Member

Understood.
    Thanks allot for being here.

7. cknight03

cknight03 New Member

Now posting is working.
    @xfrocks can I set the settings in such a way that the posts containing the particular "Category" is automatically posted on forum ? Means can we use categories instead of Tags ?

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You cannot use category for now. Maybe future version :)

1. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Claudio @xfrocks He? this should be a basic feature. So..all WP entries are published in a particular node no matter which tag or category you select?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Claudio Oh no, of course not. WordPress posts with specific tags get pushed to XenForo only :)