How do I do this?

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by Dynamic, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Hello,

So here is what I am trying to do.

I have two communities that I would like to have cross-user logins. Another community is on its way.

Site1: 1400 members
    Site2: 0 members
    Master Site: 0 members

I would like the API to be installed on "Master Site". All accounts will be handled by this site, however, the site has 0 members. It is not an active site, but I would like everything handled through this site. It is only there to handle the logins and accounts for all of the active sites.

Site1 has 1400 members and these members would like to be part of Site2, Site3, etc. I do not wish to install bdAPI on Site1, but only the bdConsumer on active websites (such as site1).

Is there a way to get all of the users from site1 onto the master site? Or have the addon shift users across?

Is there a way to go about achieving this?

Thanks.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

What is the purpose of the master site right now when it has zero members? I think it's best to use Site 1 as the authenticator provider given that it has all the users across your network (of 3 sites).

3. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

When a user goes to login, they are taken to the master site. If I make site1 the master site, its niche has nothing to do with the rest of the sites on the network, and it displays the logo/name of site1. This looks very strange.

If it goes to a separate master site, which is just there for the purpose of doing the work, it looks a lot more normal.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

I understand better now. So we should find way to copy the user data from site 1 to master.

In the master site, do you have any kind of existing data? Users, posts, etc.?

5. Dynamic

Dynamic New Member

Nope, only the admin account that was used when installing the forum and the default category and forum that was created after initial installation.

6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

So it should be easy to copy the content of tables from Site 1 to Master Site. If you wish to go ahead with this, I offer doing the data migration for user data from Site 1 to Master Site with the cost of $50, you will need to provide me FTP access to the servers (Site 1 and Master Site).