INstalled - but half working

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Mackeral_Fillet, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet New Member

Hi there,

I have it installed but I can only get it to half work. What I mean is that Wordpress pulls in all the Xenforo posts, but they are all my posts only (admin) and all Xenforo users posts are assigned to me. See here:

Wordpress:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/?p=2327

Ducati Forum

Welcome to Ducati Forum. The World's busiest Ducati community.
    ducatiforum.co.uk

Original page:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forum/thre...w-look-ducati-forum.20806/page-11#post-328282

Welcome to the new look Ducati Forum

Sorry.... i am really not liking this new format at all. There's no definition between fields, no asterix for posting new thread ( the thread icon,...
    ducatiforum.co.uk

Also, even though I have assigned tags, no posts are going from WP to Xenforo, even after I manually run the plugin. Please can you help?

Rob.

Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 13.38.29.png

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It only sync your post because you are the only user has accounts on both systems. If you want to sync the other posts, you need to turn on sync as guest option (there are 2 similar options, one from XenForo to WordPress, one from WordPress to XenForo).

3. Mackeral_Fillet

Where are the options to sync as guests please?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Two of them here.

Attached Files:

5. Mackeral_Fillet

So it cannot pull any xenforo posts across with username and avatar unless they have visited and logged into wordpress first? Otherwise they will appear as guest posts?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Mackeral_Fillet That's correct. It is technically possible but dealing with account merging need user attention AND confirmation so it is not done during sync.

6. Mackeral_Fillet

It also doesn't deal with quoted posts very well - they appear in the same passage of text and it's really difficult to read.

7. Mackeral_Fillet

Sorry for the multiple posts. Is it possible to add an option to automatically add a xenforo post to a category please as well as a tag?

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

I have checked the WordPress post and it looks like the comments are from March 16th to March 20th, that means it spreads multiple pages in XenForo. My best guess is the plugin sync'd for the first time but your posts only. And then you enable the guest sync so it comes back and sync the rest but there is a small check during sync: if it encounters a sync'd posts, it will stop looking. This need to be done for performance reason (cannot keeping looking at 20 pages everytime it syncs) so I'm afraid to say there is nothing we can do here.

Regarding quotes, actually it does carry over the quote markup but your current WordPress theme does not show them differently. Try using the default theme, you will see how they are supposed to work.

Regarding category, yes, it is planned.

Mackeral_Fillet likes this.
  9. Mackeral_Fillet

Hi xfrocks.

Thanks for the response.

I'm still trying to work out the plugin. It's got great potential but it seems that it's a bit limited at the moment.

I'm trying to pull threads from Xenforo to Wordpress posts. It will only create a new WP post if the member has already logged in to Wordpress, correct? For example:

- Member A has not logged into WP yet. Member A creates a Xenforo Thread. Thread will not be created in WP as WP member does not exist.

If this is correct, please can there be a way of loading ALL xenforo members into WP.

10. Mackeral_Fillet

Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 09.04.58.png

Here are my mappings. It will only create my Xenforo new posts in 'Ducati General Discussion' and WP drafts. Anyone else will not have a WP draft post created. My assumption is because they have never log gin into WP therefore do not have an WP account. Is this correct?

11. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Actually it only requires user to login to WordPress once (no need to login at the time of posting). This need to be done because of the complicated matter of account merging.

12. Mackeral_Fillet

1. Cuong

Cuong Member

Cuong @Mackeral_Fillet May be not batch all users into WP but only users that have posts need to be sync to wordpress? I am thinking if someone has 100 K xenforo members then they probably don't want to cluster wordpress with all the data.

13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, that's correct. I may need to add a new option to do that in next version.

Mackeral_Fillet likes this.
  14. Mackeral_Fillet

Thank you. I think that it is an essential option. Many forum users go directly to the forum without looking at WP front page. This will cause inconsistencies, unless a batch load all XF users to WP is run, maybe once a day, to keep both WP and XF users consistent.

I want to say though, thank you so much for this mod, and the support. This has so much potential and you can easily charge $50 when it is complete with more features and options. Many people will purchase this.

pete likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Mackeral_Fillet Like @Cuong said, I think it's better to enable guest commenting for users who haven't connected their accounts.

Regarding attachments, you have to enable guest to download attachment in XenForo for them to be sync correctly to WordPress.

15. Mackeral_Fillet

16. Mackeral_Fillet

OK - for some reason if I make a long WP article it does not post to XF.

See wordpress:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/ducati-1199-panigale/

It won't post, even though if I make a test post with 3 words it does post to XF. Any ideas?

Here's my log:

Request
    array(7) {
    ["_origRoutePath"] => string(6) "posts/"
    ["_matchedRoutePath"] => string(6) "posts/"
    ["posts/"] => string(0) ""
    ["thread_id"] => string(5) "21192"
    ["page"] => string(1) "1"
    ["order"] => string(15) "natural_reverse"
    ["oauth_token"] => string(0) ""
    }

Response (404)
    array(1) {
    ["error"] => string(40) "The requested thread could not be found."

17. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The long post is created by the same WordPress account? May I have access to your XenForo AdminCP please? (start a conversation with me)