Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Ranger375, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

When I log in with a user account on the home WP page, it redirects the user to my XF site to WP asking for their WP log in info. My users shouldnt have a WP account unless theyre admins, so Im not sure what to do here...

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Ah, nice question :D

You can do that by going to AdminCP > Tools > [bd] API > Clients. Edit the one being used for WordPress. Check the boxes for read, post and conversation auto grant.

1. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks
      Oh thanks!

2. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks

Is there a way to prevent going to the WP login screen that says "Enter your password to associate the account "TESTUSER" with your profile."?

3. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

I mean is goes to the WP login screen and asks "Enter your password to associate the account "_____" with your profile." My users shouldnt have a WP account unless theyre admins.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Ranger375 You was asked because an existing WordPress account with the same email is found. Normally, users won't have to do that.

A WordPress account is required to sync correctly so that's not avoidable but in general, user won't notice they have more than one account.

2. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks I just changed my test XF account to a new email. When I login it takes me to the WP login and gives the option to login with XF too. There's no way to avoid this screen if I already entered my XF login info on the home page?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Ranger375 Screenshot of the steps please. Sounds like a bug.

Also, you should create a new XenForo account to test because it will remember synchronized account by user_id.

4. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks Oh thank you. A new registration works great. Heres a screen shot of what the current XF user sees after logging in through the front page

Attached Files:

4. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you do that again. This time copy the URL from the address bar for me.
    This is the intended behavior actually.

1. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

3. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks My problem is that when people get redirected to the WP login screen and see a "Login with Xenforo" link, they don't know what XF is (I have a branding free forum).

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Ranger375 You can translate the phrases to anything you wanted.

6. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

I just think that's a lot of work for someone who just wants to post on an article.

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Have you tried turning on sync login?

1. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks I'm not sure lol

Here is what I have currently, and the more that XF controls and the less WP interference for my site (other than admins) the better

sync.png

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Ranger375 You turned it on. XenForo users if logged in will be logged into WordPress automatically.

3. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

Ranger375 @xfrocks But when I login with a XF account through the WP page, it takes me to the the WP login screen.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please take screenshot of the page where you enter your login credential. And screenshot of the page after you submit that. Would be more useful if you attach the URL with each screenshot.

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

In this specific case, the problem is there is already a testuser WordPress account with a different email than the testuser XenForo account. Other users should be able to login immediately after entering username/password in the first screenshot of yours.

10. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

I'm getting the same thing.

You need a way to disallow the guests/users to login/see/get the WP login screen.
    Is there a way to do this currently? Having users see a WP login screen with the mention of XF login isn't too great. Is it possible to just let them only see a XF login screen instead?

Ranger375 likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fixxer There is a new option in new version allow users to enter XenForo login username/password directly to log into WordPress. If you enable that option, the "login with XenForo" link will go away.

11. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

Whats the option called? Where do you find it?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fixxer That option is in new verison which hasn't been released yet.

12. Fixxer

Fixxer New Member

When will it be released?

Also, what is the process for upgrading versions?

13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hopefully next week.

Normally upgrading only requires uploading the files. Instruction will be given if extra steps are required.