User log in sync problem

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Mackeral_Fillet, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet New Member

Hi,

A couple of user log in sync issues:

1. If I log into WP I can use my Xenforo username and password to successfully log in. If I click the username in the top menu I can edit the profile/view conversations etc (it directs me to the xenforo user detail). The issue I have is if I click the 'Forum' from my WP homepage, it doesn't sync the log in. I cannot work out why? It will only sync the logged in user if I click on the username in the top menu bar.

2. If I log in as a user to XF, it doesn't sync the login to WP at all. I have all the cookie options selected and the trusted users as per the guide. Any advice? So XF users need to religion to WP if logged into XF first.

Thanks,
    Rob.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

1. Check the address of the "Forum" link and the "Username" link. I think you may have used www.domain.com and domain.com hence the cookie is not properly setup.
    2. If your XenForo account has a matching WordPress account (same username, same email etc.), the accounts have to be connected together before cookie can be sync.

1. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet New Member

Mackeral_Fillet @xfrocks Where is the 'Forum' and 'username' link?

I've matched them in the XF API settings.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The one you mentioned in your post

You probably linked them in the guest account option? You need to link yours at http://domain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/profile.php