XenForo Guest Account - keeps changing all the time on it`s own

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by def, Dec 7, 2014.

1. def

def New Member

Hello

I am running quite big website and I have problem with this feature XenForo Guest Account.

I created specific XenForo Guest Account user called let`s say "Comments from Wordpress" and i would like that only this user account to be used to post guest comments from Wordpress to Xenfororo.

But few times a day, user of XenForo Guest Account is changed to random user (old, existing one). And this is very difficult for me to go back and change again to "Comments from Wordpress" when I notice that something is wrong on Xenforo and people claim, they actually didn`t wrote this comment.

Could you please kindly advise ?

Many thanks

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

That's strange. I haven't had any report regarding this issue. Are you sure no other admin changed it?

3. def

def New Member

Yes i am quite sure. I am afraid it was my fault as i had this settings on:

[​IMG]

I just changed it and i will let you know

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Why do you think it is the case? They are unrelated IMHO.

5. def

def New Member

#5 def, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Is it possible to log guest user change? In the other thread I also suggested some other feature requests :)

As last resort I can turn on access log (its turned off becouse of the traffic volume) and trace such requests, but I would need your help what to look for in it.

Is the username cached? We are using PHP-APCu (PHP 5.5). Just fyi - it migh not be related - there is Varnish in between Apache2 and load balancer.

PS. There is a bug in your setup. When I edit post, it is changed. When I want to edit again it loads old content - I need to refresh the page to make editor load new, updated content.

6. def

def New Member

I would kindly ask you to explain those options:
    https://xfrocks.com/api-support/threads/wordpress-plugin-faq.178/#post-1628

WordPress Plugin FAQ

How to make login more seamlessly XenForo API behind a Password Protected Directory
    xfrocks.com

What does it mean "automatically authorize"? Our settings are like in your example. What is the consequence of turning off/on given checkbox?

We just discovered that some users commenting on wordpress are synced as guest user on xenforo. What could be the reason of that?

Some of those users:
    - never logged in into xenforo (though there is account with matching email)
    - logged previously into xenforo (but not on the day of the comment via wordpress)

Hint: our xenforo is on subdomain (and xf cookie is set for sub.domain.com) and wordpress is on main domain (and wp cookie is set for .domain.com)

XFRocks, can you please help us and support? We need your help promptly.

7. def

def New Member

Hello

Any chance for some help? Guest account still keeps changing all the time and its impossible to use the bridge right now because of it