[bd] Banking FAQ

Discussion in '[bd] Banking' started by xfrocks, Apr 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: Which add-ons are integrated with [bd] Banking?
    A: List of integrated add-on:
    Q: Is there a shop addon that [bd] Banking integrates with?
    A: Already in the work ;)

Q: This is a great add-on, however can you do anything with the money you accumulate yet? Because if there is no shop or way you can 'spend' the points you have earned, whats the point of having it in the first place?
    A: There is an attachment manager built it. Member can "sell" their attachments. Please note that an user group permission need to be set before users of that group can set price for their attachments.

Q: I have no way of verifying if the attachment part is working. I have a couple test accounts I use so I made a post with an image, uploaded it to my post, went to my attachment manager and set the price to 75. But anyone can still download it at no cost?
    A: By default, it's not possible to set a price for images because of this option:
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.39.19 AM.png
    Any attachments which have a bonus (even when the bonus is zero) will ignore the price set by uploader.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: Can you please consider adding an option to tally all likes and if possible, threads and posts so that when we install this mod, everyone doesn't start out at zero money?
    A: There is a Rebuilder available in AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > [bd] Banking - Rebuild Bonuses, where you can choose to re-calculate post, thread or like bonuses.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.44.31 AM.png

Q: Where is it pulling that image from for the transaction history? I'd really like to change it, if possible.
    A: By default, it's from a gravatar (bdbanking@xfrocks.com). You can change the address to yours by going to AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] Banking, look for "Bank Account Avatar".
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.46.55 AM.png

Q: When I got to the transaction history it only shows my transactions. Shouldn't be showing everyone's?
    A: In AdminCP > Tools > [bd] Banking > Transaction History, you will see everyone's. Otherwise, there will be only yours.

Q: Can I show the currency after the money amount?
    A: You can do that by going to AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] Banking, look for "Balance Format".
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.49.53 AM.png

Q: Can I call my money something else like "Galleon"?
    A: You can do that by editing 2 phrases for all of the languages: "bdbank_money" and "bdbank_money_lowercase".
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.53.09 AM.png

Q: How to manually edit someone's money?
    A: You can search for the user in AdminCP and edit the value in "Profile Info" tab.
    16_d8dc6e160ddde3a040eb83ca46eeb3b9.png

Q: How to reset to 0$ for every members?
    A: By running 2 queries
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_user SET bdbank_money = 0;
    Code:
    TRUNCATE xf_bdbank_transaction;

v2hao likes this.
  4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: For many of us who have many navigation tabs, can you please consider an option to turn off the navigation menu link? How do I disable it?
    A: You can go to AdminCP > Appearances > Style Properties > Header and Navigation and uncheck the box.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 8.58.22 AM.png

Q: The auto updated money counter on the top right is so annoying, please help me to remove it?
    A: You can go to AdminCP > Appearances > Style Properties > Header and Navigation and uncheck the box.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 9.00.33 AM.png

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: Is there a way to stop people from using bank until say a certain time limit or post limit or both? Otherwise I could see a lot of people creating dummy accounts to transfer money to one account.
    A: The add-on cannot do that. IMHO, the best way to prevent users from abusing is to create a group promotion (AdminCP > Users > User Groups > User Group Promotions). If you do that, you can revoke some "interesting" permissions from the default Registered user group and only allow those permissions for "Trusted" user group.

Q: Is it possibile to completely exclude money earning per forum basis?
    A: Yes. You can do that by editing each forum and configure it in the tab [bd] Banking.
    Screen Shot 2013-04-25 at 11.32.56 PM.png

Q: The bank is offering the money for threads bumps too. I think it is not a good thing. Can you make it to not give any cash for bumps in the next update?
    A: I'm not sure how the other add-on works to "bump" the thread but if that add-on posts a message to the thread, the message will earn bonus as usual. You can set a minimum number of character to get bonus in AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] Banking > Post Character Threshold.

Q: If I move a thread to a forum where "points" are not calculated what happens?
    A: When you move the thread, bonuses will be recalculated.

Q: Would it be possible to award bonuses in amounts less than a dollar? For example, I could award 5 cents per post. This is a bit more in alignment with the "real world", where I might pay 5 cents per post, but not a dollar.
    A: Sorry, that's not possible.

Q: I also need to know how I deduct specific amount of money from a member.
    A: You can go to AdminCP > Tools > [bd] Banking > Transfer Money and "send" a negative amount of money.

XFNewbie, v2hao, QenTox and 1 other person like this.