Resolved Attachment Store move from S3 to External Data

Discussion in 'Other' started by Tai, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Tai

Tai New Member

#1 , Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Hi,

I'm trying to move all my attachments from S3 into the local external data directory. I've set it to "Store file in External Data directory" in the options and then used the "Move Attachment Data" tool in the Rebuild Cache area. Unfortunately, the attachments are still being served from S3.

Running XF 1.5.7 and [bd] Attachment Store 1.2.1

What can I do to get attachments to be served from /data instead of my S3 bucket?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

What did it say when you ran the move tool?

3. Tai

Tai New Member

It just completed the move and said something along the lines of "Cache rebuilt successfully."

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

How many files do you have on S3 (estimated is okie). And how long did the tool run? After the run, do you have anything in /data/attachment-files?

5. Tai

Tai New Member

Around 16,000 files I would think. Yes, there are files in /data/attachment-files

6. Tai

Tai New Member

The tool ran for about 40 to 60 minutes, maybe longer.

7. Tai

Tai New Member

@xfrocks Is there anything that can be done?

8. Tai

Tai New Member

Still no response, my resource files are leading to dead S3 links. How can I get off this addon?

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response. As you said earlier, you have 16k files in S3? How many are there in /data/attachment-files after the move? (They should have the same number of files fyi). Also, have you deleted your s3 bucket? How can they lead to dead links?

1. Tai

Tai New Member

Tai @xfrocks There's 9091 files, I'm not sure how many are on S3. I haven't deleted the S3 bucket. However, the dead links do work if I change the Amazon URL to the relevant forum URL.

For example, this is an attachment to one thread:

This is the link on the thread (Amazon link), the file doesn't exist: https://smd-vault.s3.amazonaws.com/2014/08/3635_2b8c889e2580b3669fcb522b38de9b3f.zip

If I change it to the data directory for my website it works: https://starmadedock.net/data/2014/08/3635_2b8c889e2580b3669fcb522b38de9b3f.zip

It also looks like it didn't move those files to the attachment-files directory.

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you get the row dump for xf_attachment_data where data_id = 3635?

1. Tai

Tai New Member

Tai @xfrocks Yea, I already removed that attachment. I can try to find another attachment where this the case? Unless attachments aren't deleted when you remove them from the thread?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Tai Any data is good as long as it's returning wrong url (s3) while the file is in external data.

3. Tai

Tai New Member

Tai @xfrocks I PM'd you the dump, I took a look and 3635 wasn't deleted. So, I assume XF doesn't remove the entry from the DB when it's removed from a thread.

11. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

XenForo remove the row from db after a while. But only if you do hard-delete thread though.

Anyway, I have checked the dump. According to it, the file is currently in s3, so that's why the s3 url is being generated... That means the add-on performed the file move but failed to update its database (for some unknown reason). I will need access to your server and db for further debug, can you provide the credentials?

1. Tai

Tai New Member

Tai @xfrocks Any updates @xfrocks ? I've sent all the details to you in a PM.

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

@Tai I have marked your issue as resolved. Let me know if you still need assistance regarding this.