[bd] Alerts [Paid] 1.0.3

Making alert smarter and more useful.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Alerts (version 0.9.1) - Making alert smarter and more useful.

Read more about this resource...

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

xfrocks updated [bd] Alerts with a new update entry:

New feature

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shelley likes this.
  3. Fatih

Fatih New Member

Hello there, This add-on not working with Live Updates Add-on and we can't see new alerts without refresh page. And item 2 and etc. and others not showing up with BOLD font type.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fatih Is this (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-updates.274/) the add-on you were talking about? Also, can you describe in detail about the bold font type issue?

Live Update

This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd. Polls the server more often to get current alerts and inboxes quicker. And shows an alert indicator in the favicon or a text based indicator in the...
      xenforo.com

4. Fatih

Fatih New Member

Yes I'm using that add-on and your add-on not working with that. E.g: if two user like a message then, alert will show X and X like this but only one username bold, not other.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fatih Regarding the bold issue: it is by design, only the primary subject has his/her username in bold (and avatar shown). This is used to distinguish the primary subject (typically the latest actor).

Regarding the other add-on, can you describe how they don't work together? The alerts failed to display or displayed incorrectly or... else? I need more information to troubleshoot.

5. Fatih

Fatih New Member

It's okay.

Well is this (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/live-updates.274/) the add-on, in generally work great. How example update automatic without refresh page but when install your add-on then, not working. I can't understand yet why not working.

1- When someone like a your message, then you cannot see new alert without refresh page. If you want to see alert(s), then you must refresh (Press F5) the page.
    2- In fact, there is two menu right. (Alerts and PC). Well, if you want you can try it. If someone like a your message, (if you don't use Live Updates add-on) then you can't see alert without refresh page. But you make "mouseover" on PC menu and when it open, then other alert will work. Because it's XenForo system. However, your add-on not working too for this function. If you want, you can try it in a test forum or here.

Thanks for support.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fatih
      Yes, I understand that the other add-on will load alerts in the background and update the counter as soon as a new alert arrive without refreshing the page. According to your report, the other add-on completely stops working after the installation of [bd] Alerts. For this kind of conflict, I will have to install the other add-on and look for problems. This may take some time to be done, please be patient. Thank you.

Fatih likes this.
  6. Fatih

Fatih New Member

I will wait for patiently then. Thank you very much for support..

Regards,

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fatih From my tests, the alert counter still get updated automatically but with the first action only. For example, user1 comments on a status of user3: user3 will see "new alert" bubble once and his counter will jump to 1. While the alert is still there, user2 goes in and comments: user3 will not see "new alert" bubble nor get the counter increased. This is by design to prevent bombarding people with lots of duplicated alerts (they are grouped together for easy viewing), the counter reflects the grouping and does not increase for those duplicated alerts.

2. Fatih

Fatih New Member

Fatih @xfrocks
      I understand thank you now I have a question, how to disable notification alerts? Can we do use only the one feature? I mean, I want to use this add-on just AdminCP send notification feature. Can I disable other (Likes, new posts etc.)? Thank you.

7. tafreehm

tafreehm New Member

works great. One thing I wanna ask is that: How can I give admin cp option to other Administrators to control this.
    I want my co admins to access 'send alerts' page.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tafreehm That page requires "Manage users and moderators" admin permission.

8. tafreehm

tafreehm New Member

Hi,​
    I was wondering if you can add an option so user will receive alerts if Mod/Admin do something with their post? For example, if mod edit, move or delete a post user should get Alert for that.​
    Can this be possible ?​

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tafreehm Yes, that's possible but it's out of scope of this add-on. That feature will never get implemented for this add-on. If you wish to develop something like that, please start a conversation with me. Thank you.

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Fatih likes this.
  11. Fatih

Fatih New Member

Thank you ! :)

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

14. BassMan

BassMan New Member

Hi!

Works with XF 1.3?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

BassMan likes this.
  15. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

BassMan likes this.
  16. Rob

Rob New Member

I've just got this add on and it is good but it needs some serious work IMO.

I sent an HTML alert, and just wanted to send it to myself only until I had tested the HTML. I really did not expect it to loop through every single user - this is bad design imo. Whats wrong with a selective SELECT statement? On top of this, I did not even receive the alert so it doesnt even work.

I need the ability to specify when the alert should expire, the mod I just ditched for this mod had that feature - this is CRITICAL for me, many alerts I want to expire after one day.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Rob It loops because it uses criteria system. No way to build a direct select query with all those criteria conditions unfortunately.

And if you are the sender, you won't receive the alert. It has an internal check to prevent that. If you want to test, use 2 accounts.

Regarding expiration alert, that can be added if you describe it a bit more. How does it work?

17. Rob

Rob New Member

Hi.... ok, I apologise as I dont understand the criteria system was that complex - its an acceptable trade off for the extra criteria. Thanks for letting me know about needing a test account - noted :)

On the mod I ditched, you specified when you wanted the alert to expire - default was 7 days but you could choose any expiration you wanted.

18. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

What happen after 7 days? The alert disappears by itself? By default, XenForo deletes unread alert after 30 days FYI.

19. Rob

Rob New Member

yes, after the expiration period the alert disappears. The other mod had this feature :)

This mod is not working for me with custom field criteria. I get 0 sent.

If I use the xenforo built in user search with the same criteria, I return over 5000 users.

20. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The expiration will be added soon.

What kind of custom field are you using? Textbox or select box or else? A screenshot of the custom field configuration and custom field criteria configuration would be useful.