[bd] Attachment Store [Paid] 1.2.3

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks! Staff Member

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Attachment Store (version 0.9.5) - Store attachment differently and more effectively.

Read more about this resource...

Tags:
  2. xfrocks

3. xfrocks

4. xfrocks

5. hlchia

hlchia New Member

Does the keep local file option moves files that are already stored in s3 only back to th local?

6. xfrocks

Unfortunately not.

7. hlchia

hlchia New Member

If I switch to local storage option from S3 and refresh the attachment cache, the attachments will move from S3 to local file storage?

8. xfrocks

Yes, that's correct.

9. hlchia

hlchia New Member

Thanks, which means in order to use local file option for S3 storage and move attachments that are already stored in S3 only, I will have to do a 2 step process:
    1. Change to local storage only and refresh attachment store so that all current files in S3 will move back to local
    2. Change back to S3 storage and turn-on keep local file option, and refresh attachment store, so that all current and future attachments will be in S3, while a copy will also be available in local

10. xfrocks

Sounds good to me. I will test doing that right now and get back to you. I think it will work.

11. xfrocks

I can confirmed that it works as expected. May take a while depending on the number of attachments you have and your server network.

12. Andy

Andy Member

Trying to download the latest version
    This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later.

13. xfrocks

14. xfrocks

Sorry for the problem, you should be able to download now. Minor update (v0.9.8.1) has been released to fix a conflict with XenForo Resource.

15. MattW

MattW Member

16. xfrocks

Can you take a screenshot of the option page? If you enter http://724781872.r.cdn77.net as the root URL, it should not append site URL before it.

17. MattW

MattW Member

Hmm, I've put the settings back in, rebuilt the caches, and it's all working as expected now :confused:

18. xfrocks

Interesting, you should keep an eye on it ;)

MattW likes this.
  19. MattW

MattW Member

Ok, here is something (it also explains what was happening before, as I didn't use http:// on the front of the URL the first time I rebuilt the cache).

I've just changed the Root URL as I'm now using a CNAME in front of the cdn77 URL. I've saved the option in the ACP, and it's taken:
    View attachment 75

I've rebuilt the cache, but it's not changing the URL in the database. It's only applying it to new uploaded attachments.

FTP settings.PNG

Code:
    "url";s:28:"http://724781872.r.cdn77.net";}
    I can change the settings back to use default, rebuild the cache, and then set back to FTP and re-add all the settings in again, rebuild the cache, and the URL will be correct (and it also re-uploads all the images to the remote FTP server).

20. xfrocks

That explains everything. Yes, the server information is kept for each attachment to make sure existing attachment work when you switch to a second FTP server for example. Or you can have attachments in different storage options at the same time and they will still work.