[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid] 1.3.7

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

@xfrocks please help. I have been waiting for support on this for months. I would really be so relieved to finally have these tens of thousands broken attachment links fixed. I will not be able to move to XF2 before this is fixed.

2. motowebmaster

motowebmaster New Member

Does this addon, for XF 1.5, work with PHP 7 ?

3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

On XF 1.5, What is the right way of un-installing this addon?
    Without losing any data with this settings:

upload_2019-1-6_1-0-6.png

Thanks!

4. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Dryline likes this.
  5. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

@xfrocks I think that the following functionality would resolve the issue. To the 'Move Attachment Data' tool add the following preset functionality:
    • Move files from External Data directory to Default, update file name and do not delete files from External Data directory.
    • Update database data from S3 to default.
    • Update database data from External Data directory to default.
    Please see the details of the issue here: https://xfrocks.com/other/threads/bd-attachment-store-for-xenforo-1-paid.58/page-16#post-6281

[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid]

So... if i have keycdn can I integrate? Thank you.
    xfrocks.com

Chain of events here: https://xfrocks.com/other/threads/bd-attachment-store-for-xenforo-1-paid.58/page-16#post-6287

[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid]

So... if i have keycdn can I integrate? Thank you.
    xfrocks.com

There is no bucket anymore. All files reside on the server.

eva2000 likes this.
  6. tohaitrieu

tohaitrieu New Member

Dear XFROCKS

Have no option for file names in Digital Ocean and Amazon S3?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tohaitrieu No. For S3 storages, the add-on uses http header to store the original filename. Which means the file will have correct filename if user choose to save it.

tohaitrieu likes this.
    2. tohaitrieu

tohaitrieu New Member

tohaitrieu @xfrocks Dear xfrocks

File name I save in my desktop example: bd-attactment-store.jpg When I upload file and use DO Space the file name will be renamed like id-dscnasvsdvsfbdbsdvadcsdvsdvdsv.jpg

I want to file name save in DO space will like original filename in my Desktop I save.

7. vicalop

vicalop New Member

I just bought this... is this dead?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @vicalop No, we have several big sites on XF1 still have this add-on in used.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

9. Wildling

Wildling New Member

#622 Wildling, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    I'll admit, I'm a little slow on understanding this add-on, however, once I have all the information in options/attachments and I save it, what's the next thing I need to do?
    [EDIT] Nvm, found my answer. Have to go to tools>Rebuild Caches>Move Attachment Data[EDIT]

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Wildling Yes. :D

Wildling likes this.
    2. Wildling

Wildling New Member

Wildling @xfrocks Is there anything else I should do after that process is done?

3. Wildling

Wildling New Member

Wildling @xfrocks Yep, I'm on the phone with my host now working out the issues. He's changing some settings in my php.ini file at htacess as well. It's slow going, but it's not giving me error's and it's still processing. Hopefully this ends soon. Is it common for this process to take a couple of hours or more?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Wildling It depends on your files. If you have a lot of them or they are large files, it will take a quite a while.

10. motowebmaster

motowebmaster New Member

I've removed the attachment store plugin for XF1, and everything is working normally, but am seeing larger backups when I do full backups of my site. It appears to be due to more images, that are likely due to the attachment rebuilds I did to restore to default. Any guidance on what directories I can delete?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @motowebmaster Were you using the external data mode? When you run the move tool, it will mark files as safe to delete but the actual delete will happen via a cron job which will take a long time if you have a lot of files. How long is it since you ran the move tool?

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

@xfrocks could you please take a look at the broken attachments caused by this addon in 2018? There are 20k broken attachments left to fix.

12. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

I have been testing out XF2.2 and its attachment mirroring functionality on my staging server. Unfortunately the broken attachments that this addon has caused are mirrored to the media gallery by the XF 2.2 attachment mirroring function.I really need to have this fixed before upgrading to XF2.

@xfrocks please complete the work you have started and fix the thousands of broken attachments on my site. I would much appreciate it!

RoldanLT likes this.