[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid] 1.3.7

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. rogerl

rogerl New Member

Thanks - I have reported the issue to @sonnb as well, so hopefully he will modify Xengallery to be compatible

sonnb likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @rogerl Will be a bit tricky to support both new version and old version of this add-on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sonnb likes this.
  2. andreamarucci

andreamarucci New Member

Hello, I've just bought this addon and, I think, configured correctly, but every time I try to upload something I got an error. Can you help in some way? I can eventuallu PM you the ftp login credentials so that you can check by yourself...

Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @andreamarucci Hi there, sorry for your problem. Which mode are you using? Have you checked your server error log for messages?

3. andreamarucci

andreamarucci New Member

I'm using FTP and this is the error
    Code:
    XenForo_Exception: Unable to mkdir kogforum_attach/2013/11 - library/bdAttachmentStore/Model/File.php:365
    Generated By: Andrea, 59 minutes ago
    But I've checked the folder permissions and they're set to 777 so shouldn't be no problem. I'm using the same credentials for other ftp like addons on wordpress and everything works. Don't know where to look at. If you want I can give you all the credentials you'd need to check...

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @andreamarucci Yeah, in that case I will need the information you entered for this add-on. I will try to connect to your FTP server from mine to see why it doesn't work. Please start a conversation with me.

4. andreamarucci

andreamarucci New Member

I'll send you a PC

xfrocks likes this.
  5. anto74

anto74 Member

Hi @xfrocks :)
    Can you help me in correct use of this addon?
    I have moved my site to new server ( cloud hosting) for testing new server
    I would keep existing and new attachments in old server with FTP option( i have other two sites in this old server)
    I have tested this option in new server and works ok. ( i have created new test thread and uploaded attachment is located in old server, ok)
    My question: For show existing attachment in new server I must obligatorily move attachments in new server?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 So yeah. For now you still have to move the files to the new server. However, if you plan to use both servers, one for web and one for attachments then you should wait a bit. A rebuild tool is coming and it should allow you to do just that.

6. anto74

anto74 Member

Ok, thanks :)
    But if now i move my site ( and existing attachments) to new server, where is the tool for move existing attachments to new storage ( in my case old server) ? (point. n 4)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 If you decide to not wait and do it now, you can find the tool in AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Cache.

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks It's this tool?

attachments.jpg

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Yes it is. It will move attachment from their current storage (default for example) to the chosen storage (in AdminCP > Home > Options > Attachments).

anto74 likes this.
    4. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks After i have moved attachments, can i delete attachments existing in original position? I still have 3GB attachments in original position ( i have moved this attachments)

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 No, the add-on will take care of that itself. If you have just moved the attachments, the clean up will click in within an hour.

anto74 likes this.
  7. Nosxxx

Nosxxx New Member

Hey,
    Is there a chance to add a extra permission to view images ?

Currently i have turned "view attachments" for guest off, but i want that guests can see our uploaded images in boards.

Is there a chance to add such a option ?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nosxxx That is more suitable for a separate add-on. It is quite simple, I may release it for free soon.

2. thienbui

thienbui Member

thienbui @Nosxxx I'm also experiencing this problem. Guests can not see the full picture.
      I can help ?

8. feanorio

feanorio New Member

Hello!
    I've bought your add-on.
    Now I' ve got a problem: all the pictures don't appear in posts.
    no.jpg

Please help me!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @feanorio Is this post new (after installing the add-on) or is it an old one? Also, I will need to take a look at your FTP configuration in AdminCP, you can start a conversation with me if you want.

9. feanorio

feanorio New Member

10. feanorio

feanorio New Member

Ok, now i give information.

xfrocks likes this.
  11. feanorio

feanorio New Member

Hello Again!
    I want to replace my img to S3. Now all attacments are placed in root/year_folder/month_folder. Not a default in internal_data
    When i'm rebuilding Attachment Data Storage, add-on is searching img in default folder. Where can I change the path for add-on, that it will see the attachments? In config.php?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @feanorio How did you put attachments in root/year/month? If they were there by this add-on it will take care of them by itself. If they were there by some other means... well, I will need to know the details to fix it up :D

12. feanorio

feanorio New Member

Oh.... it was happened before new year days... I wrote you in conversation, remember it? It's not a problem in add-on.
    I set the ftp method, and use a wrong server, all attachments have been replaced to "another.server.com/year/month" , and i forgot to take a backup. All attachments have a new url's mydomain.com/year/month/image.jpg
    Then i set the default, and replace all img from that server to mine... lol :) i don't know how, but everything is all right and working.
    Maybe stay it , if this not change

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @feanorio I remember it now. In this tricky situation... I think there are ways to fix it but I will need the two servers info. Can you start a new conversation with me regarding this? (Another conversation for easy tracking because this issue is different from the earlier one).

13. feanorio

feanorio New Member

Ok in the morning i begin the new converastion with you regarding this. Thank you and good night!

xfrocks likes this.
  14. GuiltWolf

GuiltWolf New Member

how anyway to change URL for old attachments that create by bd Attachment Store?

i'm have to change my CDN url to new one. i try to change by use some sql command

PHP:
    update xf_attachment_data set slogen=replace(bdattachmentstore_options'OLD URL''NEW URL'where bdattachmentstore_options like '%OLD URL%';
    but it's not work :( (or i have to rebuild something?)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @GuiltWolf Oh, please do not do that. You can easily break it and make those attachment inaccessible.

You were using FTP?

15. GuiltWolf

GuiltWolf New Member

Yes, i'm using a FTP

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

16. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Scharesoft likes this.
  17. GuiltWolf

GuiltWolf New Member

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @GuiltWolf Please start a conversation with me with screenshot of the tool when you use it. I'll see what I can do.

18. Nosxxx

Nosxxx New Member

Hey,
    i'm using the new XMG 2.0 and there some troubles with your addon.

Uploading images work fine, but if you use the rotate, flip tools it does not work // it does not upload the updated file to s3. (On local the picture is stored, because if i deaktivate the Addon it shows the correct Image)
    The thumbnail does also not work (it's not hosted on the S3 Storage).

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nosxxx Thumbnail does not work from the beginning IIRC. The thumbnail does not use attachment system therefore it is not being uploaded by this add-on.

Regarding rotate, flip etc., I guess the other author makes the change directly to the data file and bypasses this add-on processing. You will need to contact him regarding this issue. You may want to start a conversation at xenforo.com with both of us.

19. Nosxxx

Nosxxx New Member

But Thumbnails are uploaded. Is there a chance to hook in ?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nosxxx No. Because the other add-on uses a different thumbnail size than the built-in thumbnail size. It also needs more than one size which is not possible with attachment system (each attachment can only has 1 thumbnail).

20. yavuz

yavuz Member

Hi @xfrocks, your answer reminded me of this addon. Would this addon solve the performance issues that I have with the bd image addon?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @yavuz No, this add-on doesn't solve that problem.

2. yavuz

yavuz Member

yavuz @xfrocks This confuses me... I the other thread you pointed out I should serve me images from another domain. Isn't this addon for that? To serve images from a cdn or another domain?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @yavuz This add-on serves attachments. The ones you are having problem with are static files (files in external data directory), so this add-on will not solve your current problem.