[bd] Attachment Store for XenForo 1 [Paid] 1.3.7

Store attachment differently and more effectively.

1. anto74

anto74 Member

This item in Rebuild cache?
    Update Attachment Data Storage Options

2. anto74

anto74 Member

And Root upload path and Root url.... :(
    My path is domains/macroforum.org/public_hmtl

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

@anto74, you need to enter FTP information into Attachments option. Then run the tool Move Attachment Data.

For upload path, enter the absolute FTP path as you see in your FTP client upon login.
    For root URL, enter the URL will be accessible to the configured upload path.

anto74 likes this.
  4. anto74

anto74 Member

Hi @xfrocks
    i have little problem of compatibility with Xen Photo Contest addon (http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xen-photo-contest.2755/)
    The photo thumbnail not shows when i upload photo to server, only full image shows.
    [​IMG]

I have contacted the developer (sniper) and i have added this code in Listener.php after line 21
    Code:
    if ($class === 'Luqman_PhotoContest_Model_Attachment')
    {
      $extend[] = 'bdAttachmentStore_XenForo_Model_Attachment';
    }
    After edit Listener.php file the upload stops at 100% and the attachments not shows.
    The developer said the code might have changed for your addon since he last had a look.
    After edit Listener.php i have this error in log error:
    Code:
    ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_bdAttachmentStore_XenForo_Model_Attachment - library/XenForo/Application.php(513) : eval()'d code:1
    Generato Da: antonio de santis, 16 minuti fa
    Analisi dello Stack
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Stato Richiesta
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(120) "http://www.macroforum.org/attachments/do-upload.json?hash=539449415e22ec9ad8dff916ea24fcc7&content_type=lkpc_entry&key=3"
      ["_GET"] => array(3) {
        ["hash"] => string(32) "539449415e22ec9ad8dff916ea24fcc7"
        ["content_type"] => string(10) "lkpc_entry"
        ["key"] => string(1) "3"
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(6) {
        ["Filename"] => string(10) "amore2.jpg"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfSessionId"] => string(32) "e3f705f52890e4089b21bf41c6afc971"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
        ["Upload"] => string(12) "Submit Query"
      }
    }
    It's possibile solve this little incompatibility or not? :)
    Thanks!
    Antonio

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 It is not the way to fix it... IIRC we had a three way conversation regarding this, right?

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks No, three way conversation was for XenGallery, with sonnb :)
      Ok, the user will insert in form the full image, is the same :)

Thanks!
      Antonio

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Ah, it was a three way convo with another member. Sorry I remembered it wrong.

I believe Sniper has another fix something like this, you should ask him:

6. anto74

anto74 Member

I have contacted Sniper and he said this:
    For now i'm using Remove thumbnail insert addon from AndyB, so taht user insert directly the full size image
    Antonio

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 So it works now?

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks Now when user upload photo from PC he can insert as full image, but the thumbnail always not shows ...it's little problem...for now i have not other solution :)

contest5.jpg

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 I'm a little lost, PC stands for personal conversation?

4. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks I'm sorry...PC stands for personal computer :)

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 So... it doesn't work with photos from PC but works with photos from mobile devices?

7. anto74

anto74 Member

No...the photo is uploaded correctly, ( computer or smartphone), FTP storage works correctly, the photo/attachment is stored to remote server, but the thumbnail is not created.
    In this screenshot the point n.1 is thumbnail ( not shows but the photo is correctly stored in ftp remote server), the point n. 2 is full size image ( shows ok)
    [​IMG]

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 This is still a problem with the other add-on. I can help you to fix it temporarily but if the author doesn't fix it himself then you will need to do the edit everytime he updates.

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks If you want help me...thank you very much! :)

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Please start a conversation with me.

anto74 likes this.
  8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Some of you guys have asked for avatar on remote server, after carefully evaluation, we have decided to develop a new add-on to do that (and more!): the new add-on supports avatars AND everything that is put into external data directory (/data), some example includes attachment thumbnails, Cache CSS file and so on... Because you guys have been supporting [bd] Attachment Store for so long, I'm offering an exclusive price for everyone who purchased [bd] Attachment Store: getting [bd] Data Storage at half the price $9.99. Just login with your account and you will see the discounted price immediately. Thank you :D

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 11.03.03 AM.png

anto74 and yavuz like this.
  9. hlchia

hlchia New Member

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @hlchia They do completely different things.

This add-on handles attachments (both thumbnail and files).

The other add-on works with files in external data directory. By default, XenForo put avatars and attachment thumbnails here.

10. David B. Bitton

David B. Bitton New Member

I'm trying to lock down the security of my servers. I would like to stop using S3, bring the files back to the server, and just use CloudFront with my site as the origin. What's the easiest way to go about doing this? Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @David B. Bitton Easiest way is to switch mode in add-on option page (default or external data) then run the move tool. I will take quite a long time though.

2. David B. Bitton

David B. Bitton @xfrocks I noticed that the CloudFront option is only available when using S3. I want the option to use CloudFront with the site as the origin. Also, where is the move tool? Thanks.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @David B. Bitton The CloudFront option show up for S3 because using S3 and CloudFront together has some special things that need to be taken care of. You can configure CloudFront as your site CDN without using this add-on. The move tool is at AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Caches.

11. David B. Bitton

Found it. So, select Default and then click Rebuild Now? This will pull the image back down from S3 and onto my server? Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @David B. Bitton You select default in AdminCP > Options > Attachments. Then run the tool "Move Attachment Data", NOT the one named "Update Attachment Data Storage Options" -- that's a different tool.

12. David B. Bitton

Got it. Thanks.

xfrocks likes this.
  13. eva2000

eva2000 New Member

14. eva2000

eva2000 New Member

what's the best way to change the url for attachment files /data/attachment-files ONLY to be served via my own custom cdn proxy (cmstatic1.centminmod.com) ?

so attachments referrenced as community.centminmod.com
    Code:
    https://community.centminmod.com/data/attachment-files/2014/06/487_myposts_00.png
    become cmstatic1.centminmod.com
    Code:
    https://cmstatic1.centminmod.com/data/attachment-files/2014/06/487_myposts_00.png
    but do it in a way that doesn't require config.php entry

Code:
    $config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://cmstatic1.centminmod.com/data';
    as I DO NOT want to serve bd cache's css files via the custom cdn proxy but KEEP it being served via the original domain community.centminmod.com
    Code:
    https://community.centminmod.com/data/bdCache/css/1404525371/899994204e7cadf76fe.css

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @eva2000 I have included a new option to allow you to change the root url for attachments. The new option will be available in the next version of the add-on.

MattW and eva2000 like this.
  15. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

Sorry I'm a bit unclear on the functions of the rebuilding tools. So, all of my old attachments (2004 to 2013) are still being served from the default local data location. Newer attachments are being served from s3 with this addon (wohoo!). How do I move all old attachments into s3 and serve them from there? I have "s3" option checked in admincp -> options -> attachments, so now do I just click "
    Move Attachment Data" ? What is a situation where one would use "Update Attachment Data Storage Options"?

Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @kontrabass You would need to use "Move Attachment Data".
      The other tool is used if you need to change the Amazon key/secret or similar.

kontrabass likes this.
  16. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

Thanks for your help!

One last issue before I go away :) So, I changed my attachment store options from using s3 + cloudfront to just s3 (no cloudfront). All of my attachments look ok in the forums, but in @Chris D 's Xen Media Gallery, thumbnails for all NEW media uploads are broken... until I rebuild them, then they're fine again. Old media (pre-change) are all ok. Is there something I can do?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @kontrabass I asked for your site information when you asked at xenforo.com ;)

17. yavuz

yavuz Member

Hi @xfrocks, I've moved a XF forum to another XF forum (both runnign 1.3.4) the old one utilizes the attachment store addon, I have also installed it to the new board. Later today users said that their images (attachments) are different from before. I checked and it turned out like they were describing; other images from posts show up in posts while the original photo remains attached to the post.

Is this releated to your addon?

Thank you!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @yavuz Show up? In theory, user can link directly to attachments with IMG bb code tag so it is a bit unclear. If the images are still attached to the post (displayed in a grid at the bottom of the post), it is in good condition. Can you take a screenshot or send me link to the problematic post?

2. yavuz

yavuz Member

yavuz @xfrocks Let me get back to you on that. After I posted you this message I used Andy's insert attachment as full addon. That did most of the job but there are still faulty ones. Some images appear to be broken... Weird stuff... I send you an admin access first time I get back home.

xfrocks likes this.
  18. ogirginc

ogirginc New Member

Hi @xfrocks
    I was curious if you had a chance to test this add-on on 1.4?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Puropedia Yes, it has been tested with 1.4.0 Beta 1.

Puropedia likes this.
  19. yavuz

yavuz Member

@xfrocks it seems that attachments are not moved to the external directory anymore. Some of them are throwing errors (404)

I had also run the cron to move the attachments back to the external folder.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @yavuz So it stopped working suddenly?

yavuz likes this.
    2. yavuz

yavuz Member

yavuz @xfrocks I mean, you know what my site has been through :)

A back and fourth thing happened but with the current settings the attachments should be moved to the external directory. This isn't happening.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @yavuz Then definitely a conflict which prevent the add-on from processing new attachments. I will need your site access to see which add-on may cause this.

yavuz likes this.
    4. yavuz

yavuz Member

yavuz @xfrocks I've send you the site information (yesterday)

xfrocks likes this.
  20. Vamsee Chittajallu

Vamsee Chittajallu New Member

Hi,

I bought the attachment store extension and set it up on my xenforo forum.
    Here is a screenshot of my settings in the ACP
    When i upload a file, it shows an error - There was a problem uploading your file.
    I have double checked and the access key/Secret Key/Bucket name is correct.

If i disable the extension, then the upload works fine.
    Please help. Very ugent!

Attached Files:

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Vamsee Chittajallu The config looks good. Please send me your key pair via conversation. I'll test with my server to verify the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.