[bd] Keyword Alert for XenForo 1 1.1.3 Beta 1

Keep track of important matters.

1. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

Got a problem. This addon is no longer obeying permissions. I got a message from a user who received a notification about a message in a forum that their account does not have permission to see.

Anyone else getting this issue?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave How many users reported it? Did the thread get moved or something?

2. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

Only one user reported it, but I checked with our mail service (mandrill) and it went out to several people. None of those people have accounts with permissions to view, post, or reply in the forum. When the user tried to click the link in the email, they got a permissions error message. The site recognized that the user did not have access, but the keywords alert system did not recognize this.

Currently running xf 1.4.4

-David

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave Thank you, I will take a look and report back.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave Hey, please update to 1.0.5 and keep an eye on it. It should not send out posts like that anymore.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave How did it go @dvsDave ?

4. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

dvsDave @xfrocks I didn't get an email on your response here, but so far so good!

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

4. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

Hi @xfrocks ! Loving this add-on - will post a review shortly! Three suggestions from our users (who are going crazy with this addon - over 200 users set up keyword alerts in the first 12 hours of it being installed :)

- Ability to look for keywords thread titles only
    - Option to receive alerts and/or emails
    - Please make account/keyword-alert responsive

IMG_3907.PNG

Thanks! Please let me know if I can send a donation your way to help ;)

1. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

dvsDave @kontrabass This addon was commissioned by myself and those are definitely great ideas. I'll throw $30 towards these updates.

5. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

Morning! Two things: 1) we paid for the above upgrades and haven't seen the update yet.
    2) I'm getting a permissions error again. A keyword alert was sent to a user who definitely did NOT have permission to see that discussion. I'm running xF 1.4.6 and I have keyword alert 1.0.5 running

6. Monks5

Monks5 New Member

Same. Contents of an admin only room are being sent out.

7. Jack Roy

Jack Roy New Member

is this compatible with version 1.5 of xenforo??

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

dvsDave and caoanh204 like this.
  9. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

@xfrocks Getting this new error with 1.0.6:

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 17 minutes ago
    [B]Stack Trace[/B]
    #0 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #1 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #2 /home/talkbass/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #3 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/Model/Queue.php(151): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #4 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/Model/Queue.php(12): KeywordAlert_Model_Queue->deleteQueueItems(Array)
    #5 /home/talkbass/html/library/KeywordAlert/Cron.php(26): KeywordAlert_Model_Queue->runQueue(Array)
    #6 [internal function]: KeywordAlert_Cron::sendEmails(Array)
    #7 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
    #8 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
    #9 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
    #10 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
    #11 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #12 /home/talkbass/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #13 {main}
    [B]Request State[/B]
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.talkbass.com/deferred.php"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/threads/show-off-your-rig.844687/page-3"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

10. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

Getting the same error in my logs as well

Code:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 9 minutes ago

Stack Trace
    #0 /home/control/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #1 /home/control/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #2 /home/control/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #3 /home/control/public_html/library/KeywordAlert/Model/Queue.php(151): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
    #4 /home/control/public_html/library/KeywordAlert/Model/Queue.php(12): KeywordAlert_Model_Queue->deleteQueueItems(Array)
    #5 /home/control/public_html/library/KeywordAlert/Cron.php(26): KeywordAlert_Model_Queue->runQueue(Array)
    #6 [internal function]: KeywordAlert_Cron::sendEmails(Array)
    #7 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
    #8 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
    #9 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
    #10 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
    #11 /home/control/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #12 /home/control/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.controlbooth.com/deferred.php"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(23) "/find-new/1045667/posts"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }
    }

11. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

xfrocks updated [bd] Keyword Alert with a new update entry:

Bug fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Sorry for your problem. Please update to 1.0.6b to fix this issue.

1. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

kontrabass @xfrocks Thank you :)

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

3. kontrabass

kontrabass New Member

xfrocks likes this.
  13. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

New bug. Updated to xenforo 1.5 and I've got users getting notifications for forums that they don't have permission to view. This instance could cost me a very good client :(

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave That's strange since the add-on checks every permission before sending out alert. Do you have any other add-on that deal with forum permission? Is it a group permission or user's? Best if you can take a screenshot of the permission config page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

14. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

I used the Analyse Permissions tool in the Users Tab of the Admin interface. Plugged in name of user who got a keyword alert that they shouldn't have and the node where the alert came from. Here is the calculated permission and the details for the users based on the usergroups they belong to and the permissions of the content nodes.

analyze_permission.JPG

15. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

could you share the logic code that you use to arrive at your permission yes/no ?

16. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

The user got an email from the Keyword Alert system, which had a snippet of the text, (which was horribly out of context, and made my life very difficult), but when they clicked the link, they were unable to view the whole post because they did not have permission to view the node that the post was in. In fact, they don't have permission to the parent node of the node in question either! (CBMod node is a child of the Staff node in the pic of the permissions above)

17. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

@xfrocks any ideas what could cause this? If you need to get into my install, please let me know and we can PM details.

18. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

19. dvsDave

dvsDave New Member

Many thanks! This solves the issue for those who use additive permission style as opposed to the explicit permission style!

Could you update the resource listing at xenforo.com as well?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @dvsDave Done :)

dvsDave likes this.