[bd] Mails - Suggestion & Bug Report

Discussion in 'Other' started by semprot, May 23, 2017.

1. semprot

semprot New Member

When using the add on, i notice the "From" of the email is : "xenforo@my.domain.com".

I suggest the "From" should be the same as contact us email.

I modified /public_html/library/bdMails/Transport/Mailgun.php : line 90.

From

PHP:
    $request['from'] = $this->bdMails_validateFromEmail($request['from']);
    to

PHP:
    $request['from'] = 'something@domain.com';
    Other suggestion, when i switched the "Provider" setting of bd mails from "Mailgun" to "Default", the "Mailgun" API key & Domain setting should not be erased.

Because i switched between mailgun to default & vice versa several times during tesing.

Bug report : "Bounced Email Processing" does not seem to work.
    Because the "Return-path" in mail header looks like this :
    Code:
    Return-Path: <bounce+7ea4bb.8b5f29-MYDOMAIN.com=gmail.com@mailer.MYDOMAIN.com>
    Or should i change something in my Mailgun account setting?

Thank you.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

If your contact email is with the configured Mailgun domain then it will be used. (e.g. your Mailgun domain is testing.domain.com, your contact address should be noreply@testing.domain.com or similar). If the add-on detects a different domain, it will use xenforo@...

Bounced email processing will be disabled and handled by email provider (Mailgun in your case).

1. semprot

semprot New Member

semprot @xfrocks Yes, my mailgun subdomain is "mailer.semprot.com".
      But i don't want the "From" to be "@mailer.semprot.com", because MX record of "mailer" is set to mailgun server.
      Therefore, if someone replies the email, the email will go to @mailer.semprot.com, and i can't read it.

Therefore i want the "From" to be "@semprot.com", which the MX record is pointed to google apps.

3. semprot

semprot New Member

Also this
    Thank you :)