[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. DaveM

DaveM New Member

@RoldanLT I suppose for you that managed to get it running without errors to start off with it is ok, however I am not seeing much help coming the way of us lot that are having issues with it.

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

What is your problem specifically?

3. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

I still haven't found a solution for this. I've read the thread many times. Still haven't had my first post to a social media channel.

4. younes

younes New Member

Hi @xfrocks
    Is this supporting Google+ page?

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

No.

xfrocks likes this.
  6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks! Staff Member

If your Facebook App is new, you need to submit your app for review in order to enable the "publish_actions" permission. If you want to use the page / group feature, you will also need to submit review for "manage_pages" / "user_groups" permissions.

RoldanLT likes this.
  7. emmanuel

emmanuel New Member

8. OUTL4W

OUTL4W Webmaster

purchased....I don't have control of the server but pretty much everything else. Can I install this via "install/upgrade" method? and I use xenbase style from pixel exit....can I copy the image in the /styles/default folder & create a xenbase folder and paste image into styles/xenbase/ folder, rezip and upload via the install/upgrade method without any issues?

9. xfrocks

You can use installer add-on to install this one. It should work.
    For styles, you should upload to styles/default AND copy styles/default/bdSocialShare to styles/xenbase/bdSocialShare.

OUTL4W likes this.
  10. OUTL4W

OUTL4W Webmaster

I know I saw an answer to this some where here or over at xf but how do I change the image?
    upload_2016-5-15_13-27-54.png

11. xfrocks

The default one is at styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png
    The add-on will try to pick one of the images from the post but it will use that logo if nothing could be found.

12. bibitbunga

bibitbunga New Member

@xfrocks, I have installed it and tested it. At the first time I checked the box to confirm permission for facebook before publish. And once I tried in the desktop, everytime we opt in (check the box Facebook) to share to fb, there is notification from Chrome browser that pop up blocked. However I think this is not good for user, as majority users will get pop up blocked, it is somewhat annoying. And then I decided to uncheck the facebook publish confirmation feature, and the pop up goes away, in desktop.

Right now I am testing again in mobile, I found that the pop up blocked notification on Chrome browser in my android phone appears always, even though the facebook publish confirmation left unchecked.

How to fix this? I mean, people will see pop up as annoying and most of them will get them blocked. This is little problem but could annoy user's experience. Thank you.

13. bibitbunga

bibitbunga New Member

any update on this, please, @xfrocks?

14. Rahstyles

Rahstyles New Member

xfrocks.. come on bro can you fix this for everyone?

15. OUTL4W

OUTL4W Webmaster

even though there is an image in the message it still shows the default image
    upload_2016-6-2_22-18-49.png

http://fps247.com/threads/clip-of-the-month-contest-06-2016.98186/#post-1126804

Multi-Platform - Contest - Clip Of The Month Contest - 06/2016

Contest time: [IMG] A new Clip Of The Month 06/2016 contest just started, you can submit your Clips on the dedicated album page. This can be from ANY...
    fps247.com

edit....what is used here for the url link thread preview?

16. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

17. Rahstyles

Rahstyles New Member

@xfrocks Hellppp.. it keep posting on my profile i need it on my group

18. Rahstyles

Rahstyles New Member

Hey man can sombody show me there screen cast so I can copy it.. cause I didnt get approved for groups or for publish actions.. heres what they said

Feedback From Your Last Submission (Today at 1:10pm)
    Your screencast doesn't show how this permission is used in your app, and we weren't able to reproduce the permission on our end either. Please upload a new screencast and update your submission notes before you resubmit. Learn more about making and submitting a screencast.
    Notes From Your Reviewer
    Could you please resubmit the app and show the final published message on the user’s timeline in your screencast? Please make sure the app is not pre-filling in any way with text, URLs or hashtags. Thank you.

19. nomoreturn

nomoreturn New Member

hi i have a question i just installed last week and im geting shared but every time its share only one image and for every post its share same image and when we click on link for example from facebook its took me to home page not on post url and im using Full Friendly URLs please help me how i can set it up post image and post url thanks

20. xfrocks

RoldanLT likes this.