Pushover Alerts

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by Kevin, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

With the new changes to the Pushover integration, are there descriptions available for the different types of alerts that can be configured with their own priority? For example, is there one for "Likes" to be disabled or set lower priority? Can the admin configure the user defaults?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

All kinds of alerts can be configured (try at https://xfrocks.com). Currently it can be set per content type, I tried to do it per action but that's a bit over complicated. So you can't set like to be lower priority, you can set profile post lower priority for example. The default is normal for everything, admin cannot configure that (should them?)
    Resources | XFROCKS
    xfrocks.com

3. Kevin

Kevin New Member

I'm already using it here. :)

I'm just trying to see what exactly some of the alerts are in the "Set Push Message Priority", like "Grouped Alert" versus a "System Alert", and so on.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Ah, those are some custom content types from my add-ons (the two you mentioned are from [bd] Alerts specifically). You probably don't need to care about them.

1. Kevin

Kevin New Member

Kevin @xfrocks Do any of the current ones allow for message "Likes" to be disabled or delayed? What I'm trying to see is the scenario is taken care of where a person is visiting a site, they get an XF 'Like', they acknowledge the alert from the 'Like' while visiting the site, and then,, because they have already acknowledged the alert, it is not sent to their mobile device. From an admin perspective, since Pushover has a monthly 7,500 free limit, being able to disable some types of alerts, such as 'Like' alerts, would help to keep them under the limit.

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Oh, the delayed option does that already. It gives user a 10 seconds window, if the alert is dismissed within that period of time, the push message will be canceled. You can use this account to test this:

john_the_tester

Kevin likes this.