Resolved New Threads/New Posts group problem.

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by Blast, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Blast

Blast New Member

When I try to group New Threads and New Posts as tabs, the updates on New Posts show up correctly, but when I click on New Threads, it just says Loading...

Can I get help for this please?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Sorry for your problem.

Which version of the add-on are you using? It looks like the js failed to run for some reason and it couldn't load the new threads data via ajax. Did you get any error in browser console?

3. Blast

Blast New Member

I'm using 2.6.2 BETA or whatever is the newest one. Where can I find the browser console?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please use the Chrome browser, you should be able to activate it with Ctrl+Alt+J. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Blast

Blast New Member

Wait. Does that mean, it's going to be like that for non-Chrome users then?

6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No, I instructed that because Chrome is the easier browser to view console.

7. Blast

Blast New Member

Hey xfrocks. What exactly did you want me to do again?

8. tmc

tmc New Member

Having the same problem at my site when using threads-widget in tabbed groups.
    Only thing that gets added to the console when trying to switch to a tab containing threads widget is:
    upload_2016-2-28_13-45-27.png
    But no errors anywhere to be seen.
    Threads-widget loads fine when it's first tab on the tab group, but if it isn't then it will just display "loading..." text when trying to switch to it.
    This happens with 2.6.2 beta 5 (..and the earlier betas, according to quick test I did), 2.6.0-dev is the last version that it seems to be working properly on.

alfa1 likes this.
  9. Blast

Blast New Member

10. Blast

Blast New Member

Hey @xfrocks. I paid for Webmaster exclusively for this problem. Can we get the support that we deserve here?

11. Regs

Regs New Member

My 1 month webmaster support level ends today in 3 hours.

Super happy that I went with just a month to see first if a year is warranted to show my support (and to get some).

:(

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that.

If you still have the problem (after updating to the latest release -- today), please start a conversation with me with your server info. I will come and debug the issue myself.

alfa1 likes this.
  13. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Yes, the problem is still there.

14. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you link me a page with these widgets setup? I will come by and check them out too (in addition with the other issue).

alfa1 likes this.
  15. tmc

tmc New Member

#15 tmc, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Been away a bit, but will test the new version soon and report back. If any issues are still there, I will send a convo with a link to my test site.

edit: Yes, the problem is still there. Will send a convo in a few after I get accounts etc setup.

xfrocks likes this.
  16. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Check your inbox.

xfrocks likes this.
  17. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

This has been resolved. Fix will be included in the next release.

younes, alfa1 and tmc like this.