Sidebar formatting lost when placing widget via hook

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by cdub, May 22, 2016.

1. cdub

cdub New Member

I'm using custom hooks to place widgets in Showcase... especially since there's no easy way to reorder the "baked in" Showcase sidebar widgets that I can find.

The problem is that when I place the widget via a hook (in this case the Recent Threads widget) - it loses the formatting that it usually has when placed with the regular template position.

See here:

Screenshot 2016-05-22 at 8.34.39 AM.png

http://www.studentfilms.com/

Studentfilms.com | The On-Line Student Film Festival and...

The On-Line Student Film Festival and Filmmaking Resource...
    studentfilms.com

How can I fix this? Style is Flat Awesome.

2. cdub

cdub New Member

Anything? I've purchased the $5 support and it's been over 24 hours.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Sorry for the late response.

Regarding your question, it looks the the thread list has correct styling while the heading does not. There are slight differences between sidebar and hook position because... well, they are different. One way to do this would be using a negative display order if you want the widget to appear above the other sidebar contents. Would that work for you?

1. cdub

cdub New Member

cdub @xfrocks Negative positioning puts it above the showcase categories the hook is the only way to put it right under that I have found.

How do I add normal sidebar formatting to that widget?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cdub I noticed you have managed to make the widget rendered correctly?

4. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

The problem is that it should show sidebar formatting in any sidebar position. I have the same issue with various widgets.

5. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Only by removing the whole sidebar and adding the class to the widget manually. Which is possible for template widgets. Advanced Template without wrapper