Resolved The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by alfa1, Mar 20, 2016.

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

With any change I make, I get this message:
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Console has this:
    xenforo.js:223
    XenForo.init() 131ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev xenforo.js:209:316
    PHP {"css":{"stylesheets":["siropu_chat","xcfw_copyright","xengallery_tab_links","df_footer","moderator_bar","polls","bb_code","profile_post_list_simple","Team_list_mini","Team_default","nflj_ams_font_awesome_rating","xengallery_media_block","nflj_ams_layout_news_view_2_item","discussion_list","nflj_ams_layout_list_view_item","nflj_ams_articles_slider","nflj_ams_layout_article_view_item","wf_layout_editor","wf_default","nflj_ams_news_ticker","nflj_ams_wf_articles_ticker","wf_widget_page"],"urlTemplate":"css.php?css=__sentinel__&style=6&dir=LTR&d=1458498095"},"js":["js\/xenforo\/color_picker.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/Siropu\/Chat\/chat.js?_v=59","js\/xenforo\/discussion.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/xengallery\/min\/media_slider.js?_v=fe5638c5","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.bxslider.min.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/jquery-ui.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/layout_editor.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.ticker.js?_v=9b38a80c"],"rendered":{"39":"\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n<div class=\"widget[…] xenforo.js:233:347

XenForo.activate(%o) [object Object] xenforo.js:223
    PHP {"css":{"stylesheets":["siropu_chat","xcfw_copyright","xengallery_tab_links","df_footer","moderator_bar","polls","bb_code","profile_post_list_simple","Team_list_mini","Team_default","nflj_ams_font_awesome_rating","xengallery_media_block","nflj_ams_layout_news_view_2_item","discussion_list","nflj_ams_layout_list_view_item","nflj_ams_articles_slider","nflj_ams_layout_article_view_item","wf_layout_editor","wf_default","nflj_ams_news_ticker","nflj_ams_wf_articles_ticker","wf_widget_page"],"urlTemplate":"css.php?css=__sentinel__&style=6&dir=LTR&d=1458498095"},"js":["js\/xenforo\/color_picker.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/Siropu\/Chat\/chat.js?_v=59","js\/xenforo\/discussion.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/xengallery\/min\/media_slider.js?_v=fe5638c5","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.bxslider.min.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/jquery-ui.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/layout_editor.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.ticker.js?_v=9b38a80c"],"rendered":{"39":"\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n<div class=\"widget[…]

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

So every time you save widget within Layout Editor and this appears in the Console?

1. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

alfa1 @xfrocks Please see my dev install to see the issue.

3. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

any time I save a widget within the layout editor I get this error:
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Just recently I moved a MG widget in position and this was in the console:

XenForo.activate(%o) [object HTMLDocument] xenforo.js:223
    XenForo.init() 131ms. jQuery 1.11.0/1.2.8-dev xenforo.js:209:316
    PHP {"css":{"stylesheets":["siropu_chat","xcfw_copyright","xengallery_tab_links","moderator_bar","polls","bb_code","profile_post_list_simple","Team_list_mini","Team_default","nflj_ams_font_awesome_rating","nflj_ams_layout_news_view_2_item","xengallery_media_block","discussion_list","nflj_ams_layout_list_view_item","nflj_ams_articles_slider","nflj_ams_layout_article_view_item","wf_layout_editor","wf_default","nflj_ams_news_ticker","nflj_ams_wf_articles_ticker","wf_widget_page"],"urlTemplate":"css.php?css=__sentinel__&style=1&dir=LTR&d=1458498095"},"js":["js\/xenforo\/color_picker.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/Siropu\/Chat\/chat.js?_v=59","js\/xenforo\/discussion.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/xengallery\/min\/media_slider.js?_v=fe5638c5","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.bxslider.min.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/jquery-ui.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/WidgetFramework\/layout_editor.js?_v=9b38a80c","js\/nflj\/ams\/jquery.ticker.js?_v=9b38a80c"],"rendered":{"40":"\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n<div class=\"widget-container a[…] xenforo.js:233:347

XenForo.activate(%o) [object Object]

4. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

This is still the same in WF 2.6.3 beta 13

5. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

I am still getting the warning every time I save or change something. The console has:
    content script runtime.onMessage: tabupdate
    content script runtime.onMessage: update_shortcuts

6. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Just checked again, and no error found while using layout editor. Can we arrange a Skype session to test this on your site? Please start a convo for this.

alfa1 likes this.
  8. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

This is fixed in beta 16. Thanks!

9. alfa1

alfa1 Active Member

Unfortunately this issue returned quickly.

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

I have received your bug report via convo. Looks like a conflict with some other add-on. Let's schedule a Skype session for this.

alfa1 likes this.