thread.isNew access for thread widgets

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by breezebg, Jul 5, 2014.

1. breezebg

breezebg New Member

Hello, our users are used to having separate widgets for almost every subforum (around 10 recent thread widgets in the sidebar) and threads with new/unread posts being styled differently in those widgets.

That's a vbulletin 3.8 forum and now trying to replicate this in xenforo :). Using the widget framework I could easily replicate using multiple thread widgets in the all position (probably adding a ton of queries?) but found no way to use $thread.isNew to style unread threads. Is it possible to make it available somehow? I don't mind editing .php files if needed, but will need guidance. I realize caching will have to be disabled too...

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, caching will be disabled if you want isNew. I will make change to the add-on and release a new version with it.

3. breezebg

breezebg New Member

Wow, thank you, I want to do a small donation when this happens :) After I posted here I searched the resource thread at xenforo more thoroughly and saw this question was asked many times with negative answer, so I lost hope, really happy now

xfrocks likes this.