Widget Page Threads Layout

Discussion in '[bd] Widget Framework' started by cfodder, Oct 11, 2013.

1. cfodder

cfodder New Member

So I managed to get my head around how the layout system works (IMO needs a bit more explanation to help others, but that's not the question). The problem I've encountered is with the threads (new & replies) widgets, in particular the sidebar and sidebar with snippet layouts.

The first attachment below is the WF sidebar widget for new threads and thread replies (which is what I would like on the page), the second shows how they actually display on the widget page, the first column is the sidbear, the second sidebar with snippet.

widget sidebar.png

widgetpage widgets.png

So my questions are:

1. Can you make the widget page thread widgets appear as the sidebar ones do, especially with the size of the avatar and layout.
    2. For the snippet widget will we be able to specify how many characters we want to 'snippet'?
    3. Can we have the ability to rename the title of each widget as we currently can with the sidebar ones please?
    4. Can we have the ability to tab widgets as we currently can with the sidebar ones please?

Not much to ask for is it :p ... my apologies for the list but these are things I know I could really use and hopefully others too - I'm definitely not asking for an instant fix either btw.

Thanks for the great addon :).

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1. The sidebar layout of the Threads renderer is really for sidebar only. If you want to put it into the main content area, that will need some work. I personally want that too so it will be included in the future. Not much can be done with current version, sorry.

2. Yes, many people asked for this actually.

3. You meant within Widget Page? Yes, it should come.

4. Yes.

3. cfodder

cfodder New Member

#3 cfodder, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    Thanks for your response, esp good news for #1 as I really like the simplified elegant layout of it :).

One other thing, more of a nuisance, but I've noticed on our dev site that I've set the page to be the index page however the home tab doesn't highlight when selected, the forum one does. Have you come across this?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cfodder This is a bug and has been fixed. Should be released soon ;)

cfodder likes this.
    2. cfodder

cfodder New Member

cfodder @xfrocks Sweet, thanks ... your support is second to none :).

xfrocks likes this.