Bridge doesn't sync users from WP to XF

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by Claudio, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Claudio

Claudio New Member

I have made a double import to XenForo so users can't log in XF using the old password, they need to reset it so I was planning to use this bridge so users log in WP and then they are automatically logged in the forums.

However this doesn't work. The only account that log in in both platforms is the admin account which I have manually associated with the admin account in the forums.

After tried this I changed the password of another XF user and tried to log in Wordpress and I receive the following message:
    so it means it works.

Is there any way to log in WP and automatically links the logged in account with his XF username?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It is a security feature of the plugin, if it found a candidate WordPress account, it will ask for the password once before it connects WordPress account with XenForo account. If you wish to connect automatically, you can alter the db or I can write a script for you to do that. How does that sound?

1. Claudio

Claudio New Member

Claudio @xfrocks Unfortunately the customer didn't want me to install this addon because he wasn't confident that you will keep supporting it. Believe me that if you really make an effort to develop this addon and keep it updated and supported (without have to wait many days for answers) you will earn lot of money.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Ah, that's unfortunate to hear. And thank you for your support.