Can allow guest posting only for the API?

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by PigskinHub, Dec 16, 2015.

1. PigskinHub

PigskinHub New Member

I've got the API running between my XF forum and a blog I've partnered with and we love it - thank you for providing it!

What we're struggling with right now is we're getting a large amount of posts coming from the Wordpress and we'd like to allow the name they've input into the Wordpress side to show up in the XenForo for their posts.

I understand we can do that by allowing guest-posting on the XenForo, but is there a way to only allow guest-posting from this API and not for everyone? I don't want to allow guest posting for every visitor to my forum -- just those posting on the Wordpress through this API.

Any ideas?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The API follows XenForo permissions strictly to make sure your site is secure so it is impossible to make a permission change which is only effective within API requests.

Regarding your issue, I think it's safer to add a new feature for the WordPress plugin that it will uses the connected admin account to sync comments from guest, that account should be able to specify custom usernames etc.