Feature Suggestions

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by xfrocks, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Have feature suggestions for the WordPress plugin? Post or vote here.
  1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please post feature suggestions for WordPress Plugin: XenForo API Consumer here. Each suggestion (or group of similar suggestions) in one post please. Avoid posting duplicated suggestion and like the one that you need.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

WordPress As Master
    • WordPress role <-> XenForo user group
    • WordPress membership (third parties) <-> XenForo user group

yavuz and CountRock like this.
  3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Users widget
    • New users
    • Top posters
    • Most liked

IPF, yavuz, CountRock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ranger375

Ranger375 New Member

I'd like to suggest (not sure if it's possible) to be able to click on a WP comment and for the user to be take to the XF profile for that person.

IPF, CountRock, anto74 and 2 others like this.
  5. CountRock

CountRock New Member

Some additional script to troubleshoot initial setup issues to detect the cause of failure would be nice!

xfrocks likes this.
  6. CountRock

CountRock New Member

Option to disable the comments in WP completely and only link to forum. Example: Click here for discussion.

RastaLulz, yavuz and woei like this.
    1. Mackeral_Fillet

Mackeral_Fillet New Member

Mackeral_Fillet @CountRock This is much needed!

2. woei

woei New Member

woei @CountRock Indeed, this would be one off most important reasons for me. Let wordpress do where it good in is (displaying and making posts) and xenforo for the reactions on them.

IPF, CountRock and Crazy-Achmet like this.
  7. Mackeral_Fillet

Add XF threads to category, not just a tag.

IPF and yavuz like this.
  8. CountRock

CountRock New Member

A troubleshooting widget for WP which will show XF user details such as username, alerts, user group (primary and secondary).

9. Mackeral_Fillet

When will the next version be out? I'm interested in new features!

I am happy to contribute finds to accelerate development of this add on. This biggest need for me is to have categories assignable, not just tags for XenForo posts.

I plan to use it in a for sale section, so all posts are added to a wordpress category.

10. Crazy-Achmet

Crazy-Achmet New Member

Would it be possible, to show Wordpress Entries under the search result?

IPF and CountRock like this.
  11. CountRock

CountRock New Member

Can the style ID (theme id) from XF for the user me made available on WP as a variable?

If this becomes available we can have multiple themes for XF with matching WP look and feel! :)

12. woei

woei New Member

Another suggestion: If a wordpress post is updated or changed, update the thread in Xenforo also. Sometimes a post contains spelling errors or so, now you have to separately update the xenforo thread.

Also would be nice to push some old posts from wordpress to xenforo. I have a blog with posts made before the bridge was installed and would like to post them on the forums. With the "old" dates to remain the order of time.

RastaLulz, IPF, yavuz and 1 other person like this.