Important: User gets Auto logged out

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by misteraven, Apr 19, 2016.

1. misteraven

misteraven New Member

Hello Team,

I have installed my xenforo-api-consumer plugin in my wp site and installed the bd api to my XenForo for synchronize the WordPress and XenForo users.

Below is issue and Query:
    1. I have already users created in Xenforo database.
    2. I have tried to register the same user to my WP site with same email and username which is already registered in XenForo.
    3. User registered successfully in WP site.
    4. When I tried to login with the user created in WP site it gets auto logged out.
    5. User is not able to keep logged in. and synchronization doesn't works.
    6. For fresh user which are not exists in XenForo or WP site, synchronizations works.

Please let me know how can I solve this.

Thanks

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Once logged in, can the user go to Dashboard and connect the 2 accounts manually? Or it gets logged out immediately?

3. misteraven

misteraven New Member

Hi Team,

Thanks for your reply!

User gets logged out immediately. user is not able to go to admin panel.

this issue only comes for users which are already exist in Xenforo and I have registered same user in WP and my Xenforo and WP site is synchronized with xenforo consumer api and bd api.

Waiting for your reply!

Thanks ,

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Can you send me the url and username/password to reproduce the issue via convo? I need to try it myself and grab some log to determine the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. misteraven

misteraven New Member

Hi Team,

Thanks for reply!

Can you please let us know how can I auto associate user to XenForo when user login in WP site. if it is possible to auto associate user without doing any customization than it would be great for me!

Please suggest me how can I bypass user to associate account and synchronize perfect. I want to forcefully login and register user via WP site.

Thanks

6. misteraven

misteraven New Member

Hello Xfrocks,

This is Allen, we spoke often about a year ago when you were helping with my bridge setup after migrating from ExpressionEngine to WordPress. A colleague of mine that is assisting with development has been using my account to ask questions so apologies if there's been confusion. The site we launched a year ago turned out to be a disaster. The custom theme we commissioned ended up being too problematic and a hole with no end when it came to costs. Since then we've been working to replace the theme with a nice commercial theme from ThemeForest. We are also launching our online store (WooCommerce) which was always our intention and now tweaking a commercial Xenforo theme that feels more modern and similar to our new theme (Also looks better on mobile).

Anyhow, we've been struggling with setting up your bridge. The bridge on the old website stopped working shortly after launch. I assume it was an update that did it, but more likely the real reason was due to the poor development of the custom theme and all the hacked plugins. This time I want to simplify and use far less plugins with no modification by us with the hopes that it stay stable. Currently have installed the latest stable release of your bridge [bd] API 1.4.7 and XenForo API Consumer 1.3.0b, Xenforo XenForo 1.5.7 and WordPress 4.5.

Originally we had both user tables synced (imported from Xenforo to WordPress), but this resulted in some data mismatch (UserID and access tokens) that created a strange loop in which a user would be logged in and then the page would automatically refresh and log out the user from WordPress. To avoid this issue we have purged the user table of WordPress except for the admin. We associated the admins and then hoped to use the standalone WordPress login / registration page as the main point of entry to keep the user experience unified (I know that login does indeed work from Xenforo, but we wanted to route all logins and registrations through WordPress only). In any case, this no longer works... When an existing forum user (not in the WordPress user table) logs in, it results in a PHP error (screen grab attached). If they login via the forum, its fine and works as expected, but again, we wish to use the WordPress login and registration exclusively. If we go and import users into WordPress, the WordPress Login / Registration works, but forces the user to associate their account. As we've lost tremendous traffic (over 70%) as a result of all the bridge and session issues over the last years, I truly hope to avoid any complication or issues. I'm seeking a very simple process in which a user simply enters a username or email and password and then is immediately logged in. In regards to registration, we also want to have a very simple process where all that's needed is a username, email and password with no verification. Ideally upon registration submit they are already logged in and email confirmation is sent, but confirmation of the registration IS NOT required.

One solution I considered is to simply use Xenforo as the point of entry for registration and login, but have been unable to find any addon or tutorial on creating a custom stand alone login / registration page. I do now want to have people login off the forum index only and am unsure how to do this via the forum so instead chose to use WordPress for this task as creating stand alone login / registration pages is easy and default feature.

In any case, I hope I've explained our situation properly and am happy to give you script or server access as you've had this in the past. Likewise if this assistance extends beyond the scope of whats supported with the license, please let me know and we'll find an arrangement as we did last time. Goal is to simply make this process of logging in and registering very intuitive and easy and keep it unified across the entire site. Appreciate your feedback and assistance.

Thanks,

Allen

Attached Files:

7. misteraven

misteraven New Member

P.S. I'm still available via Skype at the same username: www.12ozprophet.com and seems we are already connected as I see your user name listed under contacts.

8. misteraven

misteraven New Member

Hi,

Just checking in... Are you available top assist?

Thanks,

Allen

9. misteraven

misteraven New Member

So for those reading, I worked with Xfrocks separately and after upgrading to version 1.3.2 all issues were resolved.

Thank you Xfrocks! All issues resolved.

:)

xfrocks likes this.