Resolved Importing avatars

Discussion in '[bd] API' started by RS13, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RS13

RS13 New Member

Hello,

I wrote some code to allow me to post a user's avatar after authenticating with the OAuth server. It works fine.

My problem is that I want to import all avatars from my old phpBB forum into my new Xenforo forum. I have all the avatar images in a folder ready for uploading, but the bd API OAuth server doesn't allow me to upload avatars for other users, just only for my account that I've authenticated.

Is there an undocumented "global" scope or permission that will allow my app to upload avatars for all of my old users? Or is there a work around that will allow me to do this without requiring the OAuth authorization for each user?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

You are correct that the avatar end point now only accepts new upload by the user itself. However, if you are doing an import, I think it's better if you use the XenForo importer tool?

3. RS13

RS13 New Member

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe the importer tool supports avatar migration if all the avatars are URLs. Anyway, I got it done using a brute force approach (no API or importer tool).

xfrocks likes this.