1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

3. Isabella

Isabella New Member

Thanks a lot for making this, been using and testing it now and I have no complaints. I did find that it won't award members based on past Trophies but that's understandable.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Isabella There is one rebuild tool available to take care of that ;)

4. Isabella

Isabella New Member

I sent this to you via PM but you didn't respond so I figured I'd throw it here:

Further testing reveals this is a bug with the Trophy Extension.
    Using [bd]Medal along with your paid Trophy extension:

When a Medal is awarded via a Trophy, the message reads as follows:

"awarded you with the medal XX" whereas actually awarding a medal via ACP to a user will read, "Isabel awarded you with the medal XX".

Possible fixes:
    Change the description to say, "You have been awarded with the medal XX"
    or
    Allow users to select the ID number of the user they wish to send medals via the ACP options.

Kaynil likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Isabella Sorry for your problem. [bd] Medal v1.4.3d has been released to fixed this issue: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-medal.964/

Unmaintained - [bd] Medal

[bd] Medal [INSTALLATION] 1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to your XenForo root 2. Import the xml file via AdminCP 3. Configure medals in AdminCP > Applications > Medal System 4...
      xenforo.com

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk New Member

#7 Kazyyk, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    I can't get the medals to appear - it happened after I changed the category name away from "Medals for Trophies" to something else. They appeared before. Changing it back does not resolve the issue.

EDIT: Fixed, just had to rebuild the cache.

xfrocks likes this.
  6. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Can you please add a description and a feature list for this addon? Maybe i'm interested but i need to know exactly what is it. ;-)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian I have updated the description. Thank you for your suggestion :)

Maximilian likes this.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Where are the settings/option available for this?

8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

After configuring trophies and medals, What Cache needs to rebuild?

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No particular options for this add-on only. It will work with default [bd] Medal options.

There is a special rebuild tools to process trophies and award missing medals: "Rebuild User Trophies' Medals"

RoldanLT likes this.
  10. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Deleted Trophy doesn't delete the Trophy Medal, is this by design?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @RoldanLT Yes. The medal is un-attached only to avoid deleting awarded records. If you wish to clean up them, just delete the medals.

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi there, I just bought your addon hoping it would be a smooth integration between tropies and medals.
    I tried to find something of a tutorial, but have not found it. I see no difference between the free plugin vs free plugin + paid addon.
    How do I setup the integration between trophies and medals? Thanks in advance!

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @Axel B Edit each Trophies.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B Sorry for the confusing it caused. As @RoldanLT has replied to you, the integration is pretty smooth (too smooth?) because it just add an upload box in trophy edit page. You can upload the medal image there and it should take care of the rest.

If you want to re-order the trophy medals, go to Medals page.
      If you want to reissue medals for existing trophies, run the rebuild tool in AdminCP > Rebuild Caches.

12. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks,
    I migrated my MyBB forum this weekend to Xenforo. Have played with Xenfory for about a week on my Localmachine, but all in all I am still an nub :)

I read up on all I could find on your plugins, but still cannot figure out how to link a medal to a trophy.

I can upload pictures in Applications > Medals and was able to setup Medal Categories under Applicaties > Categories.
    Under Users > Trophies I see nothing to link Trophies to Medals. Under Applications > Medals I cannot see anything to link Medals to Trophies.

I am using the plugin Trophies by Waindigo 1.0.5a to have more possibilities to award Trophies. Could this plugin be blocking your plugin? Or do I miss something?
    Most likely I will hit my head when I understand how to do it... feeling pretty dumb right now.

Thanks for your patience!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B You go and edit the trophy, you should see the "Browse" button to select an image for it.

13. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks
    Pfff I feel stupid... you made it too simple ;) Found the button. Uploaded icons in the Trophy section and after searching again in the forum, found the right rebuild cache.

Excellent stuff! Sorry for my dumb questions...

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B Probably I should put it in a more logical place. Or write better instruction. Glad you have found it though :)

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

xfrocks likes this.
  14. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hehe no worries. I do agree a bit more instructions would help, but in the end it is very simple and very thorough functionality. Ace!

xfrocks likes this.
  15. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks - I made a very bad mistake today. I wanted to document on how to do the medals and thought the Applications > Medal System > Categories were obsolete, so I deleted them. It deleted unknowingly all medals I put under Users > User Customization > Trophies. My bad, but now I cannot add them anymore.

I've tried every combination I could think of. Removed Applications > Medal System > Categories. Removed Users > User Customization > Trophy Categories. Rebuild Addon-Caches. And tried to get the icons back in place in every sequence I could think of: via Medals, via Trophies, nothing works.

Whenever I try to upload a icon via Trophies, or enter the URL, I get the same error message: 'Medal must belong to a category.'

Again I am missing something :( Please help out?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B Try upgrading the add-on with your existing XML. It should pick up the issue and attempt to fix it.

16. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks - many many thanks! It worked! :)

xfrocks likes this.
  17. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks - I really really love your addon and I have some very happy forum members :)
    I tried to read up on all I could find on your addons, but am not quite sure if the functionality exists.

I now have a bronze, silver and gold badge for number of messages and likes. I've setup the criteria as follows (for example):

Bronze medal:
    • User has posted at least X messages:1000 and
    • User has posted no more than X messages: 2500
    Silver medal:
    • User has posted at least X messages:2500 and
    • User has posted no more than X messages: 5000
    et cetera.

Unfortunately when somebody earns a silver medal, the bronze medal stays there. I don't really mind about the points, but would like to see only the medal based on criteria.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not in the functionality?

Thanks in advance!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B Hi there,

It is designed this way. The given trophies/medals are NEVER revoked from user automatically. You can change the number of medals to show to display only the most recent one.

18. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks
    Thanks for your fast reply! Can I request such an option? I don't really care about the points give. If I can turn on a tickbox to take into account all criteria, so it does not show certain badges after the next level is reached?

Not certain how much work it is, but I'd be happy to pay for it :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B You would need something different from trophy if that's what you want. Have you considered to use XenForo user group promote with this https://xenforo.com/help/user-group-styling/?

User groups | Manual | XenForo

End-user documentation for XenForo
      xenforo.com

19. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi @xfrocks, again thanks for your fast reply. Basically I want to show the medals that meet all requirements. If a requirement isn't met at a later stage, I want it to disappear - like in the example I gave.

If I use automatic group promote, I would have to setup a quite extensive bunch of groups. Ultimately I'm afraid this is unmaintainable.

I am more than willing to pay for an extension of your current plugin to take into account criteria that revoke the visibility of medals/badges. Points are not that important.

Let me know ;)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B I have this idea that I can add to the add-on: you put all those medals into a group, sort by display order from the best medals to the worst and I will let you configure group to only show one medal. How does that sound?

Kaynil likes this.
    2. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Axel B @xfrocks Hi m8, I keep checking your forum from time to time to see if you implemented this. Is this feature still something you want to pick up?
      If I can make it more interesting, I am willing to pay for the additional work.

Looking forward hearing from you :)