User Conditional Extension

Discussion in '[bd] Medal System' started by nrep, Sep 17, 2013.

1. nrep

nrep New Member

I'm just getting the Medal add-on installed now, but I've had an idea that would make the Trophy/Medal extension even better.

At the moment, the user conditionals are quite limited - but they have the potential to be so much more powerful. I've seen a tutorial that shows it's quite easy to expand them to include other things, but it's way beyond my skills.

Would it be possible to add extra user conditionals in to this addon? For example:

- Award a trophy if the user has posted X threads in Y forum. (this would be very useful!).
    - Award a trophy if the user has an avatar.
    - etc..

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

It's possible add new user conditionals.

However, those conditionals should be added using a different add-on because technically speaking, once you add new conditional, the whole system can use it (not limited to a single add-on). So it makes sense to develop a add-on which does one thing well and develop another add-on to do other thing. If you have ideas, you should post it at the suggestion forum at xenforo.com, if nobody take it and it's simple enough (and I have time), I will come in and help you after that ;)

nrep likes this.
  3. nrep

nrep New Member

No problem - I'll go ahead and do that :).

xfrocks likes this.