User Group Extension?

Discussion in '[bd] Medal System' started by Axel B, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi there,

I tried to find what the addon User Group Extension does. I cannot find it. Is there a description somewhere?

Thanks in advance :)

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

It integrates with [bd] Medal and award users with medal when they they join a particular user group. It can be via user upgrade or an admin added the group.

3. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Sounds excellent :) Does it withdraw a medal when a user is removed from that particular group?
    So I can give a medal for people that make a yearly donation and remove it when they donate the next year?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Yes, the medal will be removed as soon as user leaves the user group (user upgrade expire or admin manual edit).

5. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Thanks! Bought the addon and will take a look at it :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Axel B Thank you for your purchase. Ask question here if you ever have one ;)

Axel B likes this.
  6. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi XF, I've installed the addon and managed to get the icons working.

Two questions:
    1. I cannot find the phrase to translate 'User groups', 'Medals for user groups', 'Trophies', 'Medals for trophies'. These phrases are used in the help page to show the available medals. Am I missing something. If not, can you add these phrases?
    2. The User Group Extension does not show the members who've been awarded a medal, like the [bd] Trophies addon. Is it possible to add this?
    Thanks in advance!

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Regarding point #1, they are medal group name and description. They are not phrases. You can change them in AdminCP.

Regarding point #2, yeah they don't show up. It works its job a bit different from the other extension. However, I can update it to make it work as your request. Just to confirm, you need the awarded member to show up in help page? Also, you want it to show up in awarded medal in user medals page?

8. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi m8,

The medal group name and description I can find. In the Help page cannot find 'User Groups', 'Medals for user groups', 'Trophies', 'Medals for trophies'. Checked everything again, but perhaps I'm overlooking something.
    Screenshot 2015-03-28 10.25.10.png

Excellent news that you can change the addon. To confirm "you need the awarded member to show up in help page?". Yes please. You can see in the first screenshot the difference behaviour.

To confirm "Also, you want it to show up in awarded medal in user medals page?", yes please. As you can see below the User Group medals don't show up.
    Screenshot 2015-03-28 10.32.47.png
    I'm not sure if this will automatically be covered when you make the first two adjustments, but can you also put the User Group medals in the popup Awarded Medals? This is the popup you see when you click on one of the medals of a member.
    Screenshot 2015-03-28 10.29.23.png

Many many thanks!

9. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi xfrocks, I've installed the plugin and it works like a charm :)
    Excellent stuff! May many thanks!

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Ah nice :)

Some posts are missing due to a database problem FYI. In case you are wondering where they are.

11. Axel B

Axel B New Member

*grin* I was looking through your forum for a previous post but I already had an idea you had to restore a backup or something ;)
    I've moved a lot of medals from the medal system to the user group medals. So far so good.

I've now reached the medals which stack. Bronze, Silver, Gold for number of posts and likes. Now to move each medal in a separate user group and setup the user group promotions and see if I can make it work so only the last medal shows ;)

Thanks again for the changes you made!

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Awesome. I'm glad it works for you :)

Axel B likes this.