User Group Extension

Discussion in '[bd] Medal System' started by Axel B, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks

Can you please extend this addon with the date a medal was rewarded? Right now the functionality to show the date is there, but it is not set when a medal is rewarded.

Can you please add SVG support to this addon? I finally have some SVG medals and gave it a spin. SVG is not supported for User Group Extension :(

Thanks in advance!

2. Axel B

Axel B New Member

I tried to upload an SVG in a user group, but it is not recognized as a valid image.
    Also tried to change an existing medal to an SVG via ACP > Applications > Medals, same issue.

Am I missing something?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

It is impossible to assign a date for the user group medal because the system does not record an exact change date of user groups. That's why all user group medals lack an awarded date.

Regarding SVG, you will need to run a beta version if you wish to use SVG. I can send you that version if you are comfortable with that?

4. Axel B

Axel B New Member

Hi m8,
    Thanks for your reply!

Too bad you can't grab the date. Is it possible then to suppress the date in the hover over text for user group medals? It now shows a default of 'Awarded: Jan 1, 1970'. Makes it more neat ;)

I thought the SVG was already incorporated in the addon. If the beta is fairly stable I am more than willing to help out testing.
    Does the addon handle both SVG and 'old fashoned' images? I don't have an SVG version for every badge ;)

Let me know how I can help. I have the [bd] Medals, Trophy Extension and User Group Extension of your addons.

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

Sending you the beta version here.

Attached Files:

6. Axel B

Axel B New Member

@xfrocks, thanks m8!

Just to be sure before I install it: This version is handling SVG next to 'old fashioned' images? I don't have an SVG for all my medals ;)