[bd] Alerts [Paid] 1.0.3

Making alert smarter and more useful.

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

I just want to send an alert to all members now I got this error:
    When using Mass Alert addon of Luke it works fine and it's very quick (3 seconds I think).

But I can't use his addon anymore when both of this addon installed.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks! Staff Member

Just use "multi-steps" mode.

RoldanLT likes this.
  3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Me the sender will not receive the alert?

4. xfrocks

Yes.

RoldanLT likes this.
  5. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 New Member

Have you ever considered additional integration with other XenForo systems, such as when someone has a User Upgrade applied to their account? Judging from a response on page 1, this type of functionality is something you're not interested in adding and would leave to another developer to create as an extension of this?

Also, are there any variables that can be used in alerts like {user} to put their name?

6. xfrocks

Yeah, this add-on deals mostly with existing alerts so I would not want it to do other things. My idea of add-ons are you do one thing well, not many things at once. There are some variables available, for usernames, they must be prepared with a helper, you can see the add-on templates for details.

7. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 New Member

Fair enough. Your add ons I use certainly meet that criteria :D

Would scheduling an alert also be outside of the desired scope?

8. xfrocks

Scheduling sounds like something this add-on would do. It has mass sending tool anyway! Describe your idea in more details please?

9. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 New Member

For example, there is the criteria to check if it's the user's birthday. That alert could be scheduled to run once a day so that users with a birthday would get a special alert wishing them a happy birthday. (I'm not sure if XenForo already sends one or not to be honest)

Another example would be notable dates for a forum, like a video game release. You might schedule an alert in advance to trigger at midnight of the release date. Or maybe an event is happening one day, and you want to alert users the day of, but may not be able to do it yourself due to being at the event, etc.

You might also have a custom_field that isn't necessarily required by users, but it would improve their experience to have it set to an option, so you could schedule a recurring reminder alert.

10. xfrocks

I can see the schedule time integrated in the mass alert tool but the birthday thing is unlikely though :)

11. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 New Member

Well that would just be a mass alert "scheduled" to run once every day, recurring. Could have another one that recurs once a year to alert of the forums birthdate for example.

12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Can you please extend this to support 3rd party addons like XenMediaGallery of Chris D?

13. xfrocks

caoanh204, XFNewbie and v2hao like this.
  14. caoanh204

caoanh204 New Member

Nếu mình gặp lỗi này sau khi upgrade thì phải sửa thế nào xfrocks nhi:

PHP:
    Error Info
    ErrorException
    Fatal Error: Class 'XenForo_Error' not found library/sonnb/XenGallery/bdAlerts/Model/Alert/Integration.php:0
    Generated By
    hana ran11 phút trước
    Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      [
    "url"] => string(38"/account/alerts"

["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      [
    "_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }
    Bị lỗi này không gửi tin nhắn trên profile người khác được. Còn nế Disable addon Sonnb xenGallery thì hoạt động lại, nhưng lại bị dạng thông báo rỗng, comment bao nhiêu vẫn có bấy nhiêu cái thông báo, có điều chỉ hiển thị đầy đủ thông báo đầu tiên, còn các thông báo về sau bị trống, mình đang dùng xenForo 1.5.0.

Hướng dẫn mình hướng giải quyết với nhé. Cảm ơn cậu.

Attached Files:

15. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

This feature is already removed? Since this is now built-in:

16. xfrocks

Please try this file.

Attached Files:

caoanh204 likes this.
  17. xfrocks

I have replied to your reply on the other thread ;)

RoldanLT likes this.
  18. Rob

Rob New Member

Is this mod beneficial in some way still? I know it's mostly native xenforo functionality so what does this do than xenforo doesn't?

19. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

[FEATURES]
    1. Group similar alerts together
    2. Mark alert as read by clicking link in email

xfrocks likes this.
  20. XFNewbie

XFNewbie New Member

@xfrocks XF 1.4.10 dùng được không anh