[bd] Data Storage [Paid] 1.3.0

Store data in remote servers.

1. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

I know, i just know how to "sync" my subdomain with the Amazon bucket...Thanks for the links, i will read it.

Can i use Cloudfront istead of S3 with this addon?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian You can use CloudFront with S3 with this add-on. Just configure the domain in CloudFront correctly and enter the CloudFront url in the url field for config.php.

2. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

The problem is that i run a website with HTTPS and i have to switch to Pro to have the SSL support :/

However, i tried to follow the guide but the addon it's not working now..all avatar disappear when i try to enable it.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian Yes, Pro is required for HTTPS support. I have to upgrade my CloudFlare account for it.

Have you uploaded all the avatars to S3 before turning it on?

3. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Yes, i have copied the directory structure of data directory.

4. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Can you please help me on that?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian I think this can be resolved easily if you send me the server info (FTP + admin access) via conversation ;)

5. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Thank you, i'm sending this now. :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian Awesome. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Maximilian likes this.
  6. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

No problem, hope to see this resolved :/
    Sended you a pm with full details, thank you again!

xfrocks likes this.
  7. Maximilian

Maximilian New Member

Can you support KeyCDN? I find that it's better than Amazon S3 due to the fact that the "Custom SSL" feature is totally free (no need to pay extra money to have your own subdomain under ssl), and there are no monthly fee.

There are a free trial so you can test it...i haven't tried this but i found good reviews so i think it can be a good alternative for persons that doesn't want to pay 20$ extra monthly to Cloudflare or extra money to s3 just for have own ssl cert.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Maximilian That's possible but it may be not added in the near future because I'm quite busy already and it seems like not many people use the service.

8. milktea

milktea New Member

How can I synchronize the internal_data directory? The attachments are stored in internal_data/attachments. Thanks.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @milktea This add-on deals with /data only. If you want to upload attachment, you may want to take a look at [bd] Attachment Store.

9. milktea

milktea New Member

The other product synchronizes internal_data/attachments with Amazon S3?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @milktea Yes. But the other add-on will not synchronize avatars and other files in /data. It only works with attachments (full file + thumbnail)

10. ogirginc

ogirginc New Member

Does it support 1.4?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Puropedia XenForo 1.4 has been tested without issue.

Puropedia likes this.
  11. Nikita

Nikita New Member

Hi,

We purchased this plugin and made the changes in config.php as mentioned and moved data to remote server i.e. s3.

But it is not showing any image file(Profile pictures). Could you please tell us what should be the directory structure at remote server where we keep the /data directory data?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nikita I have replied to your conversation.

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

13. king8084

king8084 New Member

Hi,

where exactly should we place the data folder on the s3? Is the root fine?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @king8084 No, contents of /data, not the "data" directory itself. I also replied to your message.

14. jakew009

jakew009 New Member

Hi @xfrocks,

Xenforo version: 1.4.7 using the S3 stream writer we uncovered a bug where users could no longer change avatars. The problem seems to stem from StreamWrapper/Abstract.php->url_stat function, specifically the caching functionality. I'm not 100% sure what the reason is but it seems like the caching confuses the Xenforo_Helper_Filer::createDirectory method.

This I believe happens because the url always comes in something like ds0://avatar/l/12/123456.jpg the stat() of which is then cached. I *think* the first time this is seen and stored as a directory, but the second time it hits this method it fails because the cached stat is incorrect.

This is similar to the problem reported here, https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-data-storage-paid.70136/page-4#post-942381 but that solution didn't work for me and I couldn't work out why it would fix this specific issue.

[bd] Data Storage [Deleted]

brand new competition with a brand new thumbnail image Did you made the changes as mentioned here? https://xenforo.com/community/threads/competitions-for-xenforo-paid.59696/page-11#post-666866
    xenforo.com

As as temporary work around I've hardcoded $cached to false in the url_stat() method and removed the call to file_put_contents in the _cacheSaveFile method. This gets the images once again being uploaded to S3.

Would be great to get this working as you intended on our servers :)

Thanks again for the plugin, it's really helped us :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @jakew009 What is your PHP version? This site is running avatar from S3 and it works well so far.

15. David B. Bitton

David B. Bitton New Member

I'm trying to use the same S3 bucket for Attachment Store and Data Storage. It looks like I'm running into issues with signed URLs; of which are enabled in Attachement Store. CloudFront links are returning:

HTML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Error><Code>MissingKey</Code><Message>Missing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value</Message></Error>
    Should I be using a different bucket? What is the correct way to use both add-ons? Thanks!

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @David B. Bitton Please take a screenshot of the attachments option page. Sorry for your issue.

16. David B. Bitton

David B. Bitton New Member

I figured it out. I needed to create an additional CloudFront behavior just for /data/*. Everything served from that directory in the S3 bucket no longer needs a signed URL. The balance of the S3 bucket requires a signed URL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 423

423 New Member

Should this not work with XenGallery as well?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @423 They should work well together.

18. Allen Brown

Allen Brown New Member

There is a minor bug, related to some S3 endpoint changes. If you do not specify a URL, then the streamwrapper overwrites the region selection and sets the URL to s3.amazonaws.com which won't work for a bucket not in US standard (us-east-1). The region config needs to change the default s3 URL regardless of CDN implementation.

For example I am in us-west-2 and the correct endpoint is https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/bucket

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Allen Brown This appears to be handled incorrectly by Zend_Service_Amazon_S3. New version will be updated soon to address this issue.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Allen Brown New version has been made available. Please download and upgrade your installation and try again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

19. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

20. Vietnamese

Vietnamese New Member

Lỗi này bạn ơi:

Code:
    XenForo_Exception: Thumb rebuild for #1397: Data Storage: Cannot connect via FTP to 198.114.108.157:21 - library/bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Ftp.php:60

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Vietnamese FTP server bạn có đặt cùng data center với web server không? Kiểm tra lại giùm firewall bạn nhé, hiện add-on đang báo lỗi kết nối (networking).

Vietnamese likes this.
    2. Vietnamese

Vietnamese New Member

Vietnamese @xfrocks VPS chứa code cùng chung vps với cái data này bạn ah. Firewall thì mình kết nối cả sql ok hết mà

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Vietnamese Ủa, tại thấy ip ftp server là ip public. Bạn thử xài ip local hoặc ip internal xem sao nhé. Ngoài ra kiểm tra thêm vấn đề passive mode của ftp.