[bd] Link Expander [Paid] 1.2.3

Rich and helpful link preview for better discussions.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

2. Fed949

Fed949 New Member

I am using version Xenforo 1.5.10. It is not working.
    I got this error message.
    [​IMG]
    Any suggestion?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Looks like you don't have PHP multi byte extension. Please ask your server admin to install it and try again.

4. Fed949

Fed949 New Member

It works. However, I found that it doesn't works on mobile or tablet using chrome.
    Would you be able to upgrade it so that it works for portable devices?
    Thanks.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fed949 When you said it doesn't work, you meant the preview does not show up or it shows up incorrectly?

5. Fed949

Fed949 New Member

It works on the desktop. But when I use Iphone or a tablet to access the forum, it just show the links and no preview.
    Recently year, there are more mobile users than desktop.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fed949 Were you logged in when you test on mobile? There is a permission which by default prevents guests from seeing the preview so you need to login on your device to see it or you can grant the permission for the unregistered user group.

6. Fed949

Fed949 New Member

may i know how to do that?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Fed949 In your AdminCP, go to Users > User Group Permissions > Unregistered / Unconfirmed, looks for "View expanded links" then select the green column (allow). Save the permission and you are done.

7. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

8. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

10. Brian M

Brian M New Member

Can you tell me how to disable the link preview in signatures but remain in general posts ?

Thanx

lite preview.png

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Brian M You can use the option "URL BB Code Restriction".

Brian M likes this.
  11. Brian M

Brian M New Member

Cheers ... all sorted ... thanx

xfrocks likes this.
  12. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Member

#16 Nirjonadda, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    @xfrocks One more issue, prntscr.com link preview are not work. Only showing black image.

This link: http://image.prntscr.com/image/c4b678608e2442dda202221df6ebfd7c.png

Default Media Site Ratios option filed are missing.

[​IMG]

Please add support link preview in center for If link in center. When some one link posted "Center" BBCode but link preview are in center.

Also please can you add User Group Permissions setting are Seperate? Not mixing with xF core Group Permissions. If mixing xF core Group Permissions, we have a lot of user group and Its not easy making set to Group Permissions.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nirjonadda Looks like image.prntscr.com server blocks our requests (http response status 403) so the blank image is used.

Also, the option is supposed to be that way. You need to configure it while editing each media site code (see below). We probably will add some text to explain that.
      Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 11.11.23 AM.png

What did you mean about separate group permission?

2. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Member

Nirjonadda @xfrocks "View expanded links"

Please add support link preview in center for If link in center. When some one link posted "Center" BBCode but link preview are not in center.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Nirjonadda Yeah, "view expanded links" is the permission. What do you want to change about it?

Regarding the center bb code, the contents are always left aligned but you want the block to be on the center?

4. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Member

Nirjonadda @xfrocks Yes for when link used on centered.

13. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Member

Add User Group Permissions setting are Seperate? Not mixing with xF core Group Permissions. If mixing xF core Group Permissions, we have a lot of user group and Its not easy making set to Group Permissions.

Yes for when link used on centered. link preview must respect link positions.

14. silence

silence New Member

Can we get a template helper that any string will be ignored? I'm having issues where it's expanding things I don't want expanded.

15. high1976

high1976 New Member

hi , is there any easy way to show the output as popup on hovering upon the link instead of being part of the post? Can be pretty messy if you have posts with 5+ links.

Nirjonadda likes this.
    1. Nirjonadda

Nirjonadda Member

Nirjonadda @high1976 Great Suggestions ... ;)

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @high1976 Currently no. We don't support popup / hover for now. But yes, it does sound like a great idea.

high1976 likes this.
    3. high1976

high1976 New Member

high1976 @xfrocks Great, thanks for considering it. Had to disable it for now as I got little too much negative feedback due to the amount of space occupied atm

xfrocks likes this.
  16. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

I have installed it a long time ago; whenever i post a link i see the fetched data; but after refreshing the page there is nothing anymore.
    May someone has an idea where is the problem?
    I have checked the database, there are 6000 links saved.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Robert9 It does that since the beginning or just recently?

17. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

Hmm, i just see that i have older posts where everything is ok and newer one not.

I try:

1. Edit an old post where i can see the expanded link. Chenge some text, save. Expanded ok. Refresh. Expanded ok.

2. Add a new post with a link at the end of just this thread. Save. Expanded ok. Refresh. Expanded gone. AND: All other expanded links are gone, too.

18. Robert9

Robert9 New Member

#30 Robert9, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    I have made a clean install in a test board and everything is ok.
    You may help me with finding an error, please.

What is needed to change a thread and all posts, to not show any expanded links after sending this new post, please?