[BD] Mails by XFRocks?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Keith Swoger, May 21, 2019.

1. Keith Swoger

Keith Swoger New Member

Is there any plan to update Mails? I've been trying to find a plugin that does this, and this is the only plugin but it only works for V1 of Xenforo.

I hope this can be updated! As I rather dislike the GoDaddy Email SMTP, and would rather use MailGun, for the logging/tracking features!

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Most provider gives you smtp info which can be used directly with XenForo so this add-on probably won't get updated.

1. Keith Swoger

Keith Swoger New Member

Keith Swoger @xfrocks Only issue is shared CPanel hosts like GoDaddy and HostGator for example don’t allow external SMTP connections, so I’m stuck using there SMTP server unless I use the API which I would use for my Wordpress but I can’t setup my DNS records to have Both godaddy and MailGun, so I’m stuck using GoDaddys over priced SMTP which limits me a lot because they don’t allow as many emails nor do they allow automatic tracking or usage data. Lastly a quick google search and it looks like a lot of people are having shared concerns.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Keith Swoger Mailgun provides several smtp ports to help webmaster bypass firewalls. Have you tried them out?

3. Keith Swoger

Keith Swoger New Member

Keith Swoger @xfrocks UGH, I’m locked out of my website because the GoDaddy email servers are so unbelievably terrible 😂😭

4. Keith Swoger

Keith Swoger New Member

Keith Swoger @xfrocks Would you be willing to send me the existing Source Code? Maybe I could try and update it/rebuild it myself? The GoDaddy SMTP server is literally killing my website... I called HostGator thinking of switching and they verified they block other SMTP, same with JustHost, and a few other large hosts that I reached out to. I’m going to make a post in the Xenforo community as well, I do know there’s other people having the same problem.