[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

pete and RoldanLT like this.
  2. farang

farang New Member

Unfortunately the Facebook review Team did not want to give user_managed_groups permissions to my FB app. They need to have instructions how the FB review team can do a "Staff Share" using my site. They also said that they couldn't see how that is done on the Screencast video.

Now I've created a special user on my site for the review team so they can make a "Staff share". However it will fail due to insufficient permissions.

I've applied again for user_managed_groups permissions to my app. I'll get back here with the results.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @farang I always use the test user in the Facebook app to make instruction video. You can create a mod in XenForo, connect that mod with the test user (usually named "open graph test user"). That way Facebook reviewer can use that test user to login into the mod account and perform staff share.

farang likes this.
    2. farang

farang New Member

#410 farang, Jan 13, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
      farang @xfrocks Thanks, I will try that. I've made a new Screecast Video that uses a test user. Let's see what the FB Review Team thinks.

xfrocks likes this.
    3. farang

farang New Member

farang @xfrocks My FB App review was approved this time so I have all the permissions that I need (and one extra).
      permissions.png

I've logged off both XF and FB and logged in newly. I've run /admin.php?tools/test-facebook with success. I can activate "Auto Sharing for `Thread Create" and the test report "success".

However I can still not make a "Staff Share".
      Code:
      bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"(#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action","type":"OAuthException","code":200,"fbtrace_id":"Azb5b4DRih3"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:115
      I'm out of ideas now. Can You help me @xfrocks?

Thanks

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @farang Please delete existing targets for staff share and add them again. The old targets have the old tokens (before permission approved) so they don't work.

farang likes this.
    5. farang

farang New Member

#413 farang, Jan 14, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
      farang @xfrocks Thanks! :)

I already tried that a few times. I did it again to be sure.

What I did was:
      1. Open /admin.php?tools/social-share/facebook-targets
      2. Click the link "Add another account"
      3. Uncheck both accounts (page and timeline)
      4. Save
      5. (Page /admin.php?tools/social-share/facebook-targets opens) saying: "No accounts could be found"
      6. I click the link "Add another account"
      7. I check only "Page"
      8. Save
      9. (Page /admin.php?tools/social-share/facebook-targets opens) I close that page.
      10. I make a staff share on a post
      11. Error dialogue shows
      Is there another way of deleting existing targets or did I do something wrong?

(I never get a question if I want to approve the new permissions added in my FB App)

3. farang

farang New Member

#414 farang, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    I solved this problem

I opened the following in my browser:
    Code:
    http://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth/?client_id=5646546546545&redirect_uri=http://mywebsite&scope=email,manage_pages,public_profile,publish_actions,user_friends,user_managed_groups&state=RANDOM_NUMBER
    (replace RANDOM_NUMBER with a number, replace with your web site and your client_id)

A dialogue opened allowing me to approve the permissions.

After that STAFF sharing works.

Why didn't this dialogue open automatically? (I've tried several browsers)

Thanks!

(The option: Facebook: Request Publish Permission Everytime has been checked all the time)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @farang Weird. The publish_actions is requested everytime you add/remove targets in AdminCP... I'm glad you resolved it though, I will need to test this a bit more.

farang likes this.
    2. farang

farang New Member

farang @xfrocks Are the user_managed_groups also requested every time ?

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @farang Yeah, I intended to ask you to remove the permissions and try again but since it's working, we should just leave it there. I will test on my site instead ;)

farang likes this.
    4. farang

farang New Member

farang @xfrocks Thanks! It would be interesting to know if it works on your site.

Something completely different, just as information in case it helps anyone. If You use SV - Responsive Social Sharing Buttons the "Staff Share" button will not show.

xfrocks likes this.
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Some error I got:
    Code:
    Error Info
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"An unknown error occurred","type":"FacebookApiException","code":1,"error_subcode":1609010,"is_transient":true,"error_user_title":"URL Not Found","error_user_msg":"We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.","fbtrace_id":"CiiY4ci1xei"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:115
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:55 PM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(97): bdSocialShare_Model_Facebook->publish('193315974056473', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), 'CAAHDZB8o5U1wBA...')
    #1 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(22): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->facebookPublish('193315974056473', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #2 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(70): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('facebook', 'Pinoy Latest Te...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #3 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(172): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array, false, Array)
    #4 /library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(5.9119379520416)
    #5 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 5.9119379520416, '')
    #6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 5.9119379520416, '', false)
    #7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
    #8 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(37) "https://www.domain.com/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(42) "/f/android-firmware-roms.222/create-thread"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

Server Error Log
    Error Info
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"An unknown error occurred","type":"FacebookApiException","code":1,"error_subcode":1609010,"is_transient":true,"error_user_title":"URL Not Found","error_user_msg":"We had trouble using the URL you provided. Please try again later.","fbtrace_id":"C2df9\/cODAk"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:115
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:28 PM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(97): bdSocialShare_Model_Facebook->publish('193315974056473', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), 'CAAHDZB8o5U1wBA...')
    #1 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(22): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->facebookPublish('193315974056473', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #2 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(70): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('facebook', 'Pinoy Latest Te...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #3 /library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(172): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array, false, Array)
    #4 /library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(7.9999990463257)
    #5 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
    #6 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
    #7 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
    #8 /deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(36) "http://www.domain.com/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(18) "/f/-/create-thread"
      }
    }

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @RoldanLT Looks like Facebook cannot connect to your server to fetch the linked post. Are you running on a live server?

2. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @xfrocks Live site, but I think those threads are moderated so not yet visible to public.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @RoldanLT Can you please check with another thread which is not moderated?

4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @xfrocks It works as expected with normal threads.

5. oljo

oljo New Member

I havent read the whole thread but is this addon working?
    Does it auto post to facebook and twitter?

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @oljo Yes fully working.

6. farang

farang New Member

Suggestion: I get timeout sometimes when doing a staff share. Would it be possible to extend the default timeout from 10 seconds to let's say 20 seconds? Something like below might work.

library\bdSocialShare\model\Facebook.php, line 107
    Code:
    $client->setParameterPost('access_token', $accessToken);
    $config = array('timeout' => 20);
    $client->setConfig($config);
    $response = $client->request('POST');

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @farang I encounter this almost everyday.
      Waiting for xfrocks advice how to increase it properly.

farang likes this.
    2. farang

farang New Member

farang @farang I haven't had a single time-out since I changed this. I'm not entitled to support any longer, this is not a request for support but just a tip for an improvement. Thanks.

3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @farang So the code will be?
      upload_2016-2-13_13-36-11.png

7. Itworx4me

Itworx4me New Member

Is there a step by step instructions on how to setup to post to facebook??

Thanks,
    Itworx4me

8. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

I'm sure I am missing something silly, but I seem to be having problems with autoposting FB. I'm getting an error about authorization.

Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"(#200) The user hasn't authorized the application to perform this action","type":"OAuthException","code":200,"fbtrace_id":"BSf4w9OT5VV"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:115
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 6 minutes ago
    I've confirmed my app is live and has permission to post on my behalf as well as manage my pages. What am I missing?

1. farang

farang New Member

farang @Jaymz You can try what I did, it might help: https://xfrocks.com/other/threads/bd-social-share-paid.82/page-21#post-4341

9. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

I was able to plug my info into the URL, no error messages, however I still receive the same error in Xenforo when a thread is published that should autocreate.

1. Jaymz

Jaymz New Member

Jaymz @Jaymz I still haven't found a solution for this. I've read the thread many times. Still haven't had my first post to a social media channel.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Jaymz If your Facebook App is new, you need to submit your app for review in order to enable the "publish_actions" permission. If you want to use the page / group feature, you will also need to submit review for "manage_pages" / "user_groups" permissions.

RoldanLT likes this.
  10. DaveM

DaveM New Member

#436 DaveM, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    I really wish I could get this add on working on my forum but so far no chance. I am now busy with the twitter setup and my setting are as follows.

upload_2016-2-13_7-51-29.png
    upload_2016-2-13_7-52-20.png

upload_2016-2-13_7-53-13.png
    upload_2016-2-13_7-53-53.png

However just nothing get shared at all.

One other question the forums configured to override system are these the ones you don't want to share or the ones you want to share?

I see I am also running the following error

Code:
    Server Error Log
    Error Info
    ErrorException: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set - library/bdSocialShare/ShippableHelper/TempFile.php:50
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 17 minutes ago
    Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'curl_setopt(): ...', '/var/www/client...', 50, Array)
    #1 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/ShippableHelper/TempFile.php(50): curl_setopt(Resource id #6, 52, 1)
    #2 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Twitter.php(71): bdSocialShare_ShippableHelper_TempFile::download('http://cdn.pock...')
    #3 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(152): bdSocialShare_Model_Twitter->publish('4554658774', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #4 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(27): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->twitterPublish('MCGForum,encryp...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #5 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(70): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('twitter', 'MCGForum,encryp...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array)
    #6 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(172): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array, false, Array)
    #7 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(7.9999980926514)
    #8 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
    #9 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
    #10 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #11 /var/www/clients/client0/web2/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #12 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(35) "http://mychatgroup.com/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(50) "/forums/news-and-release-notices.147/create-thread"
      }
    }

Delete...
    Close

11. sgopala

sgopala New Member

Getting the following error:

Server Error Log
    Error Info
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"Invalid parameter","type":"OAuthException","code":100,"error_subcode":1349118,"is_transient":false,"error_user_title":"Disallowed Post Link","error_user_msg":"One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the Stream post URL security app setting. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains. Read https:\/\/developers.facebook.com\/docs\/facebook-login\/security\/ to learn more about app settings related to security.","fbtrace_id":"EyghB6D6TWh"}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Facebook.php:115
    Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(97): bdSocialShare_Model_Facebook->publish('360288217342667', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Status), 'CAADZBeDTNx3MBA...')
    #1 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(22): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->facebookPublish('Fix My Stuff ::...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Status), Array)
    #2 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(70): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('facebook', 'Fix My Stuff ::...', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Status), Array)
    #3 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(172): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Status), Array, false, Array)
    #4 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(7.9999980926514)
    #5 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
    #6 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
    #7 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #8 /home/fixmynrr/public_html/FMS_Forum/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(48) "http://www.fixmystuff.org/FMS_Forum/deferred.php"
    ["_GET"] => array(0) {
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/FMS_Forum/members/sgopala.1/"
    }
    }

1. sgopala

sgopala New Member

sgopala @sgopala Solved:
      Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps

On the left hand side, click your app to select it.

Next to the "Settings" section in the middle column, there's an "Edit Settings" link. Click that.

On the new page, under the "Settings" menu on the left hand side, click "Advanced".

Under the "Migrations" section, find "Stream post URL security". Set it to "Disabled".

Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the screen.

12. DaveM

DaveM New Member

@xfrocks is this add on not supported any more?

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

RoldanLT @DaveM It is supported and works very well.

xfrocks likes this.
  13. DaveM

DaveM New Member

@RoldanLT I suppose for you that managed to get it running without errors to start off with it is ok, however I am not seeing much help coming the way of us lot that are having issues with it.

14. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

What is your problem specifically?

15. younes

younes New Member

Hi @xfrocks
    Is this supporting Google+ page?

1. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

xfrocks likes this.
  16. emmanuel

emmanuel New Member

17. OUTL4W

OUTL4W New Member

purchased....I don't have control of the server but pretty much everything else. Can I install this via "install/upgrade" method? and I use xenbase style from pixel exit....can I copy the image in the /styles/default folder & create a xenbase folder and paste image into styles/xenbase/ folder, rezip and upload via the install/upgrade method without any issues?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @OUTL4W You can use installer add-on to install this one. It should work.
      For styles, you should upload to styles/default AND copy styles/default/bdSocialShare to styles/xenbase/bdSocialShare.

OUTL4W likes this.
  18. OUTL4W

OUTL4W New Member

I know I saw an answer to this some where here or over at xf but how do I change the image?
    upload_2016-5-15_13-27-54.png

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @OUTL4W The default one is at styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png
      The add-on will try to pick one of the images from the post but it will use that logo if nothing could be found.

2. OUTL4W

OUTL4W New Member

3. OUTL4W

OUTL4W New Member

OUTL4W @xfrocks I did this and the image was overwritten but still showing the xenforo default image......ugh.

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @OUTL4W After changing the image, you need to use Facebook debug tool to update it. Future Facebook post with link to that thread will have the updated image. Link to the tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

5. OUTL4W

OUTL4W New Member

OUTL4W @xfrocks Sorry but I meant I was referring to twitter.

19. bibitbunga

bibitbunga New Member

@xfrocks, I have installed it and tested it. At the first time I checked the box to confirm permission for facebook before publish. And once I tried in the desktop, everytime we opt in (check the box Facebook) to share to fb, there is notification from Chrome browser that pop up blocked. However I think this is not good for user, as majority users will get pop up blocked, it is somewhat annoying. And then I decided to uncheck the facebook publish confirmation feature, and the pop up goes away, in desktop.

Right now I am testing again in mobile, I found that the pop up blocked notification on Chrome browser in my android phone appears always, even though the facebook publish confirmation left unchecked.

How to fix this? I mean, people will see pop up as annoying and most of them will get them blocked. This is little problem but could annoy user's experience. Thank you.

1. bibitbunga

bibitbunga New Member

bibitbunga @bibitbunga any update on this, please, @xfrocks?