[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

Hi @xfrocks . I made a facebook page and choose this page for auto sharing for thread create. But when I click on the test link it just says error. if i choose other page/groups im member of on Facebook the test is succesfully. what am i doing wrong ? please help :)

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Any information from the debug?

Only error on that one page? Which role are you in the page? Please try choosing another working page/groups and post a thread to see if it goes through.

3. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

im administrator on that page. i tried to choose another facebook page i made years ago and that works ok and also the thread showed up on the fb page. but not the new fb page I made approx. a week ago. Cant seem to figure it out myself whats wrong. Im sure it must be something about the fb page..but dont know what.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Enable debug mode. Disable the auto-share from AdminCP. Go to the front-end, create a new thread / post a reply and choose the new page as the target. Post it. If there are problem, it will be logged into the server error log for us to check.

4. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

i also try to manually choose when im creating thread...click on the link timeline under the wysiwyg editor and choose my new page in the overlay window there..and then it says : There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Great, now you need to check server error log to see what Facebook server complained about.

5. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Looks like the system failed to decrypt the token information. The key to the encryption is derived from your globalSalt value, which can be configured in config.php, do you change that value recently? Also, do you happen to have more than one server running for the site? Please try the following steps:
      1. Untick the checkbox in the quick reply form, post something (do this to reset the old token)
      2. Open another thread, click the question mark, choose the page, post
      3. Check server error log

6. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

same error message. i havent changed anything in config.php. im only running one test server locally. here is my config.php

<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
    $config['db']['port'] = '3306';
    $config['db']['username'] = 'root';
    $config['db']['password'] = '';
    $config['db']['dbname'] = 'needy';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';
    $config['debug'] = true;

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami You are running the site locally? Hmm, is it possible to setup a TeamViewer or similar session? Please start a conversation with me to resolve this. Sorry for the problem.

7. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

sent you a pm now :)

xfrocks likes this.
  8. Wooldog

Wooldog Member

Ok I cannot edit my post, tried debug mode and this is what I got

Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: [bd] Social Share Exception - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:265
    Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(20): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->twitterPublish('1', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array) #1 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(53): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('twitter', '1', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array) #2 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(159): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Post), Array, true, Array) #3 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(9.9999978542328) #4 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(198): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 9.9999978542328, '') #5 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(321): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.9999978542328, '', false) #6 /home/site/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(274): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false) #7 /home/site/public_html/forums/deferred.php(18): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false) #8 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) { ["url"] => string(37) "http://site.com/forums/deferred.php" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(4) { ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/forums/community/support/create-thread" ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json" } }

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No, debug mode works fine with add-on :D

Nice information. Looks like you installed the Social add-on a long time ago. Did you upgrade to my version of its? http://xenforo.com/community/posts/611633

1. Wooldog

Wooldog Member

Wooldog @xfrocks Sure did. I upgraded. Error remains. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall the Social Network Authentication Addon instead of just upgrading it?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Wooldog No, upgrading should work. Please do not uninstall it or you will erase all existing authentication data.

Btw, when did you authenticate your Twitter account? Before or after the upgrade?

10. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

Hi again..looks like autosharing from resources to facebook dont work ? only "manual" sharing when you create the resource. But auto sharing from ordinary threads work

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami That's correct. Resources are not supported for auto-share for now.

11. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

Is it possible to make and option in the plug-in that you can choose to add the first image in the resource to the facebook post ? like its when you create ordinary threads

12. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

see examples here. two facebook shares from ordinary threads and one posting in resource manager (turned into classified system).

111.09.png
    211.09.png
    311.09.png

13. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

when is auto-share for resource coming..i need it badly for my classified page .

14. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

And hopefully auto-share resource WITH resource icon

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Just put it into todo list, probably will be included in the next version with a bunch of other additions ;)

mbenjami likes this.
  15. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

Sounds great. I just pre-launched the site, so it will be a great addition to show the resource icon on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

any updates here xfrocks ? :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Resource Icon has been supported. Releasing soon ;)

17. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

yes.. and now it will autopublish to facebook page and it will show the resource icon beside the post ? :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami You will see ;)

mbenjami likes this.
  18. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

youre the man thats for sure :) looking forward to it

19. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

is it close to release soon :) im so excited :)