[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

2. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

something wrong with the mod. it re-publish the resource to facebook if you edit the resource.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Do you setup auto-share for resources?

3. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

yes auto-share is one. and whenever i edit a resource it re-publish it to facebook again. so if you edit your resource for an example 10times in row..it share the resource to facebook 10 times..

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami It is actually the way it's designed for resource auto-share. Maybe I should make it work similar to manual-share... Sorry for your problem.

4. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

well it should atleast auto share the first the first time you publish/create a resource, thats important. Or I can turn off the option to edit the resources for the users. but thats not a good idea either. But possible to make so it doesnt re-publish the resource to fb after you have created it ? Most important , atleast for me, is that the users can't choose to not publish the resource to my fb page.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Yeah, I will update the add-on to ignore edits. More consistent across the board.

5. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

Sounds good. A quick question. Where do i edit what information the fb share/post contains ? lets say i want the share to contain a couple of resource customFields.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami You can not do that, for now.

6. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

is that in future plans ? to add customfields ? like if i have for an example price field

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami Customizing the message is in to do list but custom fields currently is not. I will consider that.

7. officer_cartman

officer_cartman New Member

any chance in the future google+ could be added??

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @officer_cartman Yes. It is planned.

2. officer_cartman

officer_cartman New Member

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @officer_cartman Sorry no ETA. Keep your expectation low;)

8. sgopala

sgopala New Member

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

9. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

anto74 likes this.
  10. lee123456789

lee123456789 New Member

is it possible to allow admins to send any post (from our forum) to our forum facebook page?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

2. lee123456789

lee123456789 New Member

#90 lee123456789, Dec 26, 2013
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
      lee123456789 @xfrocks I have set it up so that only the admins have access to "social share" in permissions....
      but what I really want to do is pick any post in our forum (from any member) and send it to our forums facebook page!
      I.e......see a post I like (from anyone) and either "edit it silently and add click the checkbox to add to facebook page" or even better in the post itself under "thread tools" the option to add to facebook page!!!!!

that is what I was hoping to be able to do with this software?

is it possible/planned?

thanks for the reply

Lee

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @lee123456789 Thanks for your kind words :)

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @lee123456789 The feature you asked for has been implemented in the latest release of the add-on. It is called "Staff Share". You can enable it with a user group permission, after that staff will be able to share to predefined Facebook/Twitter account. See screenshot ;)

Attached Files:

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. anto74

anto74 Member

Hi @xfrocks
    after update to Xen Gallery 2.0.5 version sharing to Facebook when i upload photo in Xen Gallery not works. FB icon is un-clickable

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Please note that version 1.4.1 is required to work with Xen Gallery v2, you may need to clear cache too to make sure the latest script is used.

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks Yes, i have 1.4.1 version.
      The FB not change status...remains off if i click to icon.
      Can you reproduce this problem? Your account to macroforum.org is active :)
      I will contact sonnb :)
      Antonio

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 I cannot reproduce it on your site. The button works for me.

Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 3.25.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-01-11 at 3.25.52 PM.png

12. anto74

anto74 Member

Your example is on my site? For you, logged in my site, this works?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Yes, the above screenshots were taken on your site.

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks Ok, thanks :)
      Now I understand why it does not work for me and my co-admin
      antonio

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 If you wouldn't mind, what were the culprit?

13. anto74

anto74 Member

if I understand correctly your question, I have not yet found the cause of the problem: I'll tell you when I find :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Oh okie. I thought you figured it out :p

2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks I just tried...with IE 11 this works, with Chrome ( my default browser) not works...

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Make sure you cleared cache. Try with incognito mode. I tested with Chrome.

4. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks I have tried...incognito mode and cleared cache, not works :(
      Strange problem...

xfrocks likes this.
  14. tajhay

tajhay New Member

hey xfrocks, just bought this (love supporting a top notch dev), and came across what i think is a bug in the phrase. You have the requirements ofr XenGallery and then you have Xen Media Gallery (different product). At the bottom of the Xen Media Gallery support, you mention that you need XenGallery (should be xen media gallery shouldnt it?)?

upload_2014-1-15_14-45-6.png

Attached Files:

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tajhay This add-on supports both gallery add-on. The "Add-on required" text uses add-on id and it is correct: Xen Media Gallery add-0n uses "XenGallery" as its id.

tajhay likes this.
  15. anto74

anto74 Member

Hi @xfrocks :)
    I have this problem with addon, error in Admin log error
    Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: {"error":{"message":"Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.","type":"OAuthException","code":190,"error_subcode":460}} - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:231

User "fioregiallo" can't share to FB
    Antonio

PS Maybe there is conflicy with [bd] Cache....? ( Yesterday was ok...after upgraded [bd] Cache i have some errors, randomly, with [bd] Social share

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Actually it happened because user changed Facebook password as in the message. The user should see the recovery notice, clicking it will restore access.

anto74 likes this.
    2. anto74

anto74 Member

anto74 @xfrocks Thanks, now it's works :)
      User had not seen the recovery notice :)

xfrocks likes this.
  16. tajhay

tajhay New Member

Hi xfrocks, can you please add the users username who posts to facebook/twitter?

17. mbenjami

mbenjami Member

any news on how to publish a customfield in resource manager with this mod ? example would be a price field, auction/buy it now and seller (dealer/private). or how i can achieve this by template/code edits. right now it only publish prefix, title and tag_line.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @mbenjami You can now do this with v1.4.4, edit template bdsocialshare_title_xenresource_resource or bdsocialshare_title_xenresource_resource_auto and edit to something like...

Code:
      {xen:raw $resource.title} (price: {xen:raw $resource.customFields.price})

18. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

These are under development :)

tajhay likes this.
  19. tajhay

tajhay New Member

hey @xfrocks i keep getting a lot of these errors in my server log. any ideas?

website is www.nzwarriors.com

Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_NotConnected: [bd] Social Share Exception - library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php:70
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:41 PM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/bdSocialShare/Model/Publisher.php(22): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->facebookPublish('1', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Trophy), Array)
    #1 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(77): bdSocialShare_Model_Publisher->publish('facebook', '1', Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Trophy), Array)
    #2 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/bdSocialShare/Model/ShareQueue.php(194): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->publish(Object(bdSocialShare_Shareable_Trophy), Array, false, Array)
    #3 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/bdSocialShare/Deferred/ShareQueue.php(10): bdSocialShare_Model_ShareQueue->runQueue(9.9999971389771)
    #4 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(252): bdSocialShare_Deferred_ShareQueue->execute(Array, Array, 9.9999971389771, '')
    #5 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(378): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 9.9999971389771, '', false)
    #6 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(331): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #7 /home/nzwarrio/public_html/www.nzwarriorsfans.com/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #8 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(38) "http://www.nzwarriors.com/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(7) "/forum/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tajhay It means somebody checked the box without connecting to Facebook/Twitter first. You got the server error log entry because you have debug mode enabled FYI.

tajhay likes this.