[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

Well, I probably could've tested it before I asked. It works fine. I have social authentication installed still but disabled.

2. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

Ok now I just discovered that if I un-tick 'Share Button for the Not-Connecteds' in the acp, the share checkboxes are still there on the posts, status updates, everywhere.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

No need.

Because you're connected?

4. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

No I just did it again just to be sure. I logged off my site then went to fb and twitter and disconnected and then logged in directly and the checkboxes are there.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Russoroni You have to disconnect within XenForo. The link in accounts.

2. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

Russoroni @xfrocks
      Oh I see. Damn... Hey! I think I'm about to submit a feature request! I really hate the error message that comes up after you try to share something but aren't logged into FB/twitter. So how about an option to make them greyed out with a little notice underneath that says "You must be logged into these social networks to auto-share."

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Russoroni Sounds like a good idea.

Russoroni likes this.
  5. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

Perhaps you could grey them out individually? Like if you're logged into fb then the facebook checkbox is available but twitter isnt etc.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Russoroni Yes, I will try to do that in next version :)

2. Russoroni

Russoroni New Member

Russoroni @xfrocks Fantastic. You sir are awesome.

xfrocks likes this.
  6. anto74

anto74 Member

Hi @xfrocks
    i just upgraded to XF 1.3 :)
    It's all ok, only one issue with Social share
    In option if i test connection with FB i have error
    I have changed nothing
    Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: a:1:{s:5:"error";a:4:{s:7:"message";s:103:"Error validating access token: This may be because the user logged out or may be due to a system error.";s:4:"type";s:14:"OAuthException";s:4:"code";i:190;s:13:"error_subcode";i:467;}} - library/bdSocialShare/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php:86
    Generato Da: antonio de santis, Un attimo fa
    Analisi dello Stack
    #0 /home/emtvqmnh/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): bdSocialShare_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionSocialShareTestFacebook()
    #1 /home/emtvqmnh/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #2 /home/emtvqmnh/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #3 {main}
    Stato Richiesta
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(68) "http://www.macroforum.org/admin.php?tools/social-share/test/facebook"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["tools/social-share/test/facebook"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(5) {
        ["targetId"] => string(369) "Macroforum.org,encrypted,ytPlzoYhxKiOKE2gXXf6yWuj2k9UFp1i0O8ydqctgiSstZvKXZPZ7N/wj5P0izWx5aCjSZeYgUt/Ohddkx09eFHYkqsCIDEo+hYq29uLFJjNEDXXqdO+KcMMSKUzryb9gJKHCi8i0xqD4iq3fB98ZzDqsPXyuWu5pF+htazCa0jl7sU02zTVqoLZIVeCwkNyWM98egKT12WS1PwA6AUYEjiHpGWp+34ND7+Ko2CFky3AUXC1hXXmrttNcmyGp8TtIZyFXORUe0YS6XYnkde+2r/w1mBjQTGMS03kwTKUPSt3H+yqU0voz1ynkCt2WoHN6RSXqysPt0jAR+g3C/9acg=="
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(37) "/admin.php?options/list/bdSocialShare"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }

7. anto74

anto74 Member

Ok, i have deselect automatic sharing, saved...then reselect and now it works :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @anto74 Yes. I was going to suggest you to do that. The message from Facebook indicated that you logged out hence invalidate the saved token.

anto74 likes this.
  8. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

I changed my fb password also, what steps do you suggest to avoid errors?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @RoldanLT You don't have to worry, the add-on will post a notice at the top of pages if it encounters any issues.

RoldanLT likes this.
  9. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Even on the Admin Settings?

10. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

For auto-share, it will not post notice though. Only server error log entry.

RoldanLT likes this.
  11. Cuong

Cuong Member

I got this error

Code:
    bdSocialShare_Exception_Interrupted: a:1:{s:5:"error";a:4:{s:7:"message";s:106:"Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password.";s:4:"type";s:14:"OAuthException";s:4:"code";i:190;s:13:"error_subcode";i:460;}} - library/bdSocialShare/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php:86
    Generated By: xxx, 4 phút trước
    Stack Trace
    #0 /var/www/html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): bdSocialShare_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionSocialShareTestFacebook()
    #1 /var/www/html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #2 /var/www/html/community/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #3 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(78) "http://www.webthehinh.com/community/admin.php?tools/social-share/test/facebook"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["tools/social-share/test/facebook"] => string(0) ""
      }
      ["_POST"] => array(5) {
        ["targetId"] => string(389) "xxx,encrypted,xxs="
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?nodes/42/edit"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
      }
    }
    The addon worked for facebook when I enabled "Auto Sharing for `Thread Create` globally, but got the above error when I only enabled it for several forums (and hence disabled the global sharing options).

12. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

That means the Facebook account that was used to configure the auto-share target has changed password. It's Facebook policy to deactivate all existing tokens when user changes their password. In this case, you need to ask the admin who has the Facebook account to re-configure auto-sharing. A new token will be generated and used.

13. Cuong

Cuong Member

I've just changed the token and checked "Test Facebook Integration", which worked fine. First try on a specific (sub)forum, the above problem seemed to disappear but then reappeared again when I tried it on another forum

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Cuong If you are overriding for those forums, you need to go to each of them and configure again.

14. Cuong

Cuong Member

Got it, thanks mate :)

xfrocks likes this.
  15. sgopala

sgopala New Member

16. ngannguyen

ngannguyen New Member

Hi,
    [bd] Social Share [Paid] 1.4.2b does not support twitter on Xenforo 1.3.1.
    After upgrading Xenforo from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1, I can not see the checkbox of twitter.com when I create new thread.
    Please support me this case.

Thanks,
    Ngân.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @ngannguyen Looks like you haven't configured Twitter for XenForo 1.3. Please note that in XenForo 1.2 and earlier, this add-on requires another add-on to work with Twitter. However, XenForo 1.3 now has Twitter support by itself and the add-on will stop using the other add-on information. You need to uninstall the other add-on and configure Twitter for XenForo.

17. woei

woei New Member

Still a question about the Xen Media Gallery integration. If a user or me checks the facebook post option and I upload a album, how does it work. All the pictures are added to facebook and only 1 message about it is posted?

18. sitwi

sitwi New Member

Is there a guide for a complete idiot to get this talking to Facebook, please? It's probably perfectly obvious, but I've been working 12 hours a day for the last two weeks on my site and I am completely weary of Xenforo! It's great software, and this looks like an essential addon, but I'm out of my depth here :(

The messages I'm getting are below. The irritating thing is that I do have a Facebook app set up, and have linked my Xenforo account to it.

Sorry if it's something obvious. There must be something in the faceboo app process that I'm not getting at all.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @sitwi Have you figured it out? It looks like you need to follow the link in the notice to reset your Facebook permission.

19. sitwi

sitwi New Member

As an aside to my above post, it recognises my Facebook groups, so I assume I have it configured correctly. (It asks which one I want to auto-post to).

But the same standard message that "There has been some problem publishing your share recently." I even notice it on xfrocks.com.

Might this be a factor? Posted on Xenforo.com after today's release of 1.3.2:

Can anyone please help?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @sitwi Yes, there is an issue with XenForo 1.3.2, please download v1.4.4 of this add-on and try again.