[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. qwertycody

qwertycody New Member

Hello,

I just purchased this addon and I'm having issues getting the "Instant Share" feature set up for automatic posting on a facebook page.

Is there something broke with this on xenForo 1.3?

If so, I would like to stress that this was NOT advertised on your listing on the xenForo website.

I would like to see this fixed or at least know what the issue is with it or the possibility of a refund as this is the only reason I purchased this addon.

I look forward to your response and hope you have a wonderful day.

Very Respectfully,

Ryan (Cody) Garrett

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @qwertycody There is no problem with 1.3.1. With XenForo 1.3.2, there is an issue and v1.4.4. has been released to address it.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

xfrocks updated [bd] Social Share with a new update entry:

Maintenance update

Read the rest of this update entry...

v2hao likes this.
  3. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Thanks for the update !!

Could you guide on what template edit to build the title ? Did you try to implement de link shortener feature for twitter ?

Thanks

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Daniel-Sp Which title are you looking to change? For thread, reply or status?

2. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Daniel-Sp @xfrocks
      Well.. If you indicate me the avaliable templates for editing and how to build them, I would be glad.

Acutally, I would like to set the thread creation message to: [Prefix] Title - Link

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Daniel-Sp For threads, you will need to edit bdsocialshare_title_thread and bdsocialshare_title_thread_auto. Please note that in this version, prefix is included already. And for Facebook, the Facebook post is published as a link. For Twitter, the link is included.

4. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Its still not clear to me. I have tested and its sharing as same as before. Maybe because of the phrases that I translated for the old version.

The content of this template you mentioned is: "{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{xen:raw $thread.title}"

The content of the shared phrase is "bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto" that has the content: "{username} created "{title}""

When I create a thread, I want to share on twitter: [Prefix] Thread Title - link

How can I do that ?

5. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

For auto sharing? You will need to edit the template "bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto".

1. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Daniel-Sp @xfrocks Yeah, I mean the forum-account sharing when a thread is created.

So its ignoring the phrase now ??
      I see that the phrase bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto uses the structure: {username} created "{title}".

6. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

The template uses the phrase actually. However, being a template, you can use helper functions like below
    Code:
    {xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}
    Template is much more flexible than phrase. You can even use <xen:if /> if you need it. The phrase is there to support site with users using different languages. You can keep using the phrase or you can put text directly into the template. Totally up to you.

7. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Could you give me the example of I want to do using the helper ? Im not too familair with the xenforo framework and not too much with php too.. With an example maybe I will be able to edit the other sharing options..

Thanks

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Daniel-Sp You can use this

Code:
      {xen:phrase bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto,
          'username={xen:raw $thread.username}',
          'title={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}{xen:raw $thread.title}'
      }

8. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

I wil llook into it ! Thanks for the response :)

xfrocks likes this.
  9. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Mate, I'm seeing that the "{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}"

Returns me the structure: "ThreadPrefix - "... where's it built if I want to get only the prefix without the " - " ??

Thanks

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Daniel-Sp I believe you can't do that easily. It's possible but quite complicated to achieve.

10. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Well.. So get as a suggestion for a future upgrade. Since I can manipulate 100% of the sharing content with templates, a great point would be return only the strings like the title.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Daniel-Sp The helper is actually a built-in XenForo helper ;)

2. Daniel-Sp

Daniel-Sp New Member

Daniel-Sp @xfrocks Well so we need to make a way to acheive that.. What if I send the code with a substring removing the last 3 characters from the helper ??If its a way, could you tell me how to do it into this "xen" block ??hehe

Im using the following to communicate with phrases and its working nicelly
      Code:
      {xen:phrase bdsocialshare_user_text_thread_auto,
          'username={xen:raw $thread.username}',
          'title={xen:raw $thread.title}',
          'prefix={xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread, escaped}'
      }

xfrocks likes this.
  11. v2hao

v2hao New Member

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'bdSocialShare_Helper_Simulation_View' not found - library/bdSocialShare/Shareable/Abstract.php:250

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @v2hao Please try uploading the files again.

12. woei

woei New Member

#211 woei, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    How do I share an existing thread on facebook?

And I need write permissions in my twitter app to autoshare on twitter right?

13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You cannot do it for now with the add-on. It's scheduled for next version.

Correct.

14. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

15. LurkerLou

LurkerLou New Member

Installed. Tried to "Enable Automatic Sharing" and get the following error.
    Whoa there!
    There is no request token for this page. That's the special key we need from applications asking to use your Twitter account. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @LurkerLou Looks like you haven't entered the Twitter key/secret. Please follow instruction here http://xenforo.com/help/twitter-integration/

2. LurkerLou

LurkerLou New Member

16. LurkerLou

LurkerLou New Member

To further explain what I'm asking, is it possible to remove the "********** created " "" from before the auto-Tweet?

17. sqzdog

sqzdog New Member

Trying to get this to auto tweet for thread create and can't get it to work. I get this message:

Server Error
    Undefined index: oauth_token

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in bdSocialShare/Helper/twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php at line 80
    2. TwitterOAuth->getRequestToken() in bdSocialShare/Helper/Twitter.php at line 42
    3. bdSocialShare_Helper_Twitter::getAuthorizeUri() in bdSocialShare/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 20
    4. bdSocialShare_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionSocialShareAddMoreTwitter() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/****/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

18. BobVO

BobVO New Member

Humm ... I must be losing my mind, I *thought* I posted this previously.
    I'll try this again!

I have a normal facebook account, used for personal/typical facebook stuff.
    I also have a Facebook PAGE, which relates to my XF forum. This page falls under my "normal" facebook account.
    The PAGE has an facebook app that's been working for months (on vB4 before converting to XF).

Here is what happens when using this add on.

1) twitter posts work, although it passes no images from the post.
    2) Facebook posts work to my personal account, when checked radio button on post creation.
    These posts do not include either the default image or an image from the thread. If I manually create a post ON facebook
    by pasting the forum post's url, the image IS included.
    3) XF posts to my facebook PAGE, using auto post, do not post at all. I can create manual posts in that page as above, post shows, images show.
    the ONLY way posts get to my facebook PAGE is manually creating a post on facebook and adding the xf post url.

Crazy confusing stuff, I hope that made sense.

Any idea where I need to start looking for the problem?

19. overhere

overhere New Member

I'm looking at this...

RoldanLT likes this.
  20. overhere

overhere New Member

but where is the demo of this mod here? Where can I test the both the Twitter & Facebook social functions of this mod here?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @overhere You can test it here :)