[bd] Social Share [Paid] 2.3.0

XenForo gets social.

1. Hamish

Hamish New Member

Excellent! Great add on and quality support - great stuff!

Is it possible to set up Twitter cards?

2. TFroehlichIII

TFroehlichIII New Member

I have checked the error log, and it's clean (nothing there).

There is this message on the main forum page, at the top.

"There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss."

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You can do that fairly easy by editing the template "open_graph_meta".

Is this your first share? If so, try clicking the link in the notice.

4. TFroehlichIII

TFroehlichIII New Member

Yes, this is the first share. I will try clicking the link. If that does not work then what is my next step?
    Will every member have to do that as well for their first share?

Is there a way to reward my members every time they share something? With points or trophies?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @TFroehlichIII It is required for the first share because normally Facebook / Twitter don't grant write permission when you first connect the account.
      No, there is no reward currently.

5. Tan Tran

Tan Tran New Member

Hello, thanks for this useful addon.

Is there a button which administrator can use to share/tweet old contents? (threads, posts, media etc) ?

With XenForo Media Gallery, i have to edit the media, choose the social share options then Save again. That would be great if there is a button or an inline mode menu to do that.

Regards.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Tan Tran You can use Staff Share feature for that. If you configure the permission for Staff Share (in user group permissions page), the staff share button will show up where the normal social network buttons show up.

2. Tan Tran

Tan Tran New Member

Tan Tran @xfrocks Thank you.

xfrocks likes this.
  6. Type RA

Type RA New Member

I've been using this for a few months now & the Facebook share woorks great and I'd now like to add Twitter, but am failing miserably. The Twitter app is connected to my forum but for some reason this app cannot access.
    When I click the "Enable automatic sharing" link I get this error:

Add account to shared accounts list and use them in the Auto Share feature. Shared accounts can also be used in Staff Share feature, allowing staff to publish to the site's Social Pages on demand.

No accounts could be found.
    Add another account

When I click the link I get this error:

Twitter responded: array ( 'Failed to validate oauth signature and token' => '', )

1. bdSocialShare_Helper_Twitter::getAuthorizeUri() in bdSocialShare/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 164
    2. bdSocialShare_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionSocialShareAddMoreTwitter() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/typerac1/public_html/subaru-forum/admin.php at line 13

Thanks

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Type RA Have you been able to login with Twitter?

7. Adam Bloch

Adam Bloch New Member

Hi @frocks I'm starting to go a little nuts here. The auto share works fine if I set it for all forums in the options but If I set it in the node tree it says I have no facebook accounts:

No Facebook Pages found under your Facebook account. You can try to authenticate again and reload this page to refresh the data, Click Here.

If I click it I get a new page but no joy. The option version sees the facebook page and it can be selected. What am I miss and being stupid over....

Many thanks

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Adam Bloch Which version of the add-on and XenForo are you running? Your problem is a bit strange since both places use the same system for detecting Facebook Pages, they should show the same list of pages or no pages at all.

8. Adam Bloch

Adam Bloch New Member

Still no idea of how to fix this........

9. Adam Bloch

Adam Bloch New Member

Hi
    it's version 2.0.2

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Adam Bloch Please start a conversation with me with your site info, I will need to come by and check it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

10. SoeHoe

SoeHoe New Member

Hello, sharing feature is not working in my site. No alert or any warning i get, but my sharing not appear in Facebook or in Twitter. Please help!

11. jeffwidman

jeffwidman New Member

Hey Xfrocks,
    I'm a bit confused. I purchased this addon in order to have threads from two specific forums get automatically shared to the official twitter handle and Facebook page of the website. I don't care at all about users sharing to their own twitter handles/facebook accounts--on this particular site, the community is very unlikely to do that.

However, after installing, I don't see an option for specifying the official website facebook and twitter accounts to share to.

How do I enable this? I searched the thread on Xenforo.com and also this thread, and not seeing any instructions.

Do I have to add a Facebook app and a Twitter app to my Xenforo Core settings? I'd prefer not to, because when I do that, Xenforo lets users register via FB/Twitter, and I only want them to register through the normal username/password combo.

12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

It's on admin options.
    Yes you have to.

xfrocks likes this.
  13. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Are you using auto-share or manual share?

@RoldanLT answered all your questions already :)

14. SoeHoe

SoeHoe New Member

I
    Manual share. I want each member share their post/thread/etc to their own Facebook and twitter.

15. sgopala

sgopala New Member

Sir, any luck in adding Tenant's Articles add-on? Would be really of great help. Thanks, Gopala Subramanium

16. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Have you tried with the default style? Some custom style hides the notice after the first share.

I don't have access to that add-on so... it's not good now.

1. SoeHoe

SoeHoe New Member

SoeHoe @xfrocks i never use custom style. It does not work for twitter. I have been trying for many many times.

2. SoeHoe

SoeHoe New Member

SoeHoe @xfrocks I have answer your question. How about my trouble? I can't share to twitter.

[​IMG]

17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Please update this addon to work fully with XenForo Media Gallery.
    Videos embedded not shared on Social Network.

18. MattieNumNums

MattieNumNums New Member

What is staff share?

19. cepedit

cepedit New Member

sorry PHP Mcrypt extension install after addon install error PHP Mcrypt extension requied
    Server information
    Centos 5.11
    php 5.3.3
    plesk v12

20. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Please doublec check your Twitter application read and write access.

It allows staff to share to site Facebook Page (instead of their own timeline).

Please make sure the extension is installed properly. Consult your sysadmin or hosting provider for that.