[bd] Tag Me FAQ

Discussion in '[bd] Tag Me' started by xfrocks, Apr 16, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: When I tried to post, it said ' You don't have permission to tag people in messages.'?!
    A: You need to set the "Maximum tag/message" permission to a positive number or unlimited as in this screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Q: Does this work on user profile messages, status updates and post comments?
    A: Yes.

Q: How does the username suggestion work?
    A: You type at least 2 characters of the username and the add-on will suggest the full username for you. For example to tag myself, you will need to type "@xf".

Q: Does this add on work with usernames with spaces or other special characters?
    A: Yes. Just type the username correctly, the add-on will pickup the longest username that matches. However, by default the suggestion engine only supports one-word username. To enable multiple-word username suggestion, you need to set some value for the option in AdminCP > Options > [bd] Tag Me > Suggestion Maximum Length. Recommended value for it is 30.
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.16.12 PM.png

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: Can I tag all members or a group of members in my forum?
    A: Yes. You will need to edit the user group and check the box "Is Taggable" and set the "Tag group" permission correctly.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.20.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.19.47 PM.png

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Q: Does member receive an email alert when tagged?
    A: Yes but you have to enable the option "Send Alert Emails" in AdminCP > Home > Options > [bd] Tag Me and user have to enable the option "Receive email when name is mentioned" in Contact Details.

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.24.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.25.12 PM.png

Q: How do I enable that for all members?
    A: You can enable the option for new users by enable the option "Receive email when name is mentioned" in AdminCP > Home > Options > User Registration > Default Registration Values.
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.27.33 PM.png

If you wish to forcefully enable it for existing users, you can execute this query:
    Code:
    UPDATE xf_user_option SET bdtagme_email = 1;