[Willing to Pay] BD Mails Mod Needed

Discussion in 'Other' started by semprot, Jul 8, 2017.

1. semprot

semprot New Member

#1 , Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Hello.

I am willing to pay to make this mod implemented whether without UI (hardcode modification) or with UI.
    I want BD Mails to be able to choose "transport" depends on what email is sent.

For example :
    For registration : Use default (internal mail server).
    For sending PM notification : use mailgun

Because i met a dead end in :
    PHP:
    class bdMails_Helper_Transport
    {
        public static function 
    setupTransport()
        {

$transport null;

$providerName bdMails_Option::get('provider''name');

if (!empty(
    $providerName)) {

$providerConfig bdMails_Option::get('provider'$providerName);

try {

$transport bdMails_Helper_Transport::getTransportForProvider($providerName$providerConfig);
                } catch (
    XenForo_Exception $e) {

XenForo_Error::logException($efalse'[bd] Mails: ');
                }
            }

if (!empty(
    $transport)) {

XenForo_Mail::setupTransport($transport);
            }

return 
    $transport;
        }
    The transport does not seem to be changeable easily.

Why i want to do this?
    Because on registration there is chance that users use random email, thus increasing bounce rate.
    I don't want my paid provider (like sendgrid or such) to have high bounce rate.
    I want to use paid provider only in user with 99% valid emails.

2. semprot

semprot New Member

Also if before sending email, there is option to do verification by kickbox.io (or such), that would be great.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Do you need customized transport for registration only or other email types too? Regarding email verification, probably that's not fit within this add-on...

1. semprot

semprot New Member

semprot @xfrocks I personally only need customized transport for registration only.

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @semprot For your purpose, I think registration only should make sense.
      Also, people usually uses email provider for deliverability. If you switch to use your own server, that kind of defeat the point I think? It may make it hard to people to register on your site...

3. semprot

semprot New Member

semprot @xfrocks I plan to use mailgun for registration, and my own server for send other kind of emails (contact us, thread reply notification, etc)

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

It's still unclear for me whether it's a good idea to split mail traffic like that but we can add a new configuration method to limit [bd] Mails provider to work with some specified email (e.g. registration). The estimated time and cost for this addition is 1 week / $100. After completion, you will receive a new version of [bd] Mails for your usage only. The new feature won't be released to anyone else for at least 3 months. Payment must be made via PayPal.

Thank you.

alfa1 likes this.