2 sidebars in thread view

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by Forum Lover, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

I am thinking of 2 sidebars in thread pages.

1. My favorite threads in X forum: There would be a list of 5/10 threads, showing thread openers favorite threads in X forum. It will count all the likes that the thread opener made to others threads (first post likes only), most recent 5/10 likes only.

When we visit any threads from Y forum, it will show results from Y forum and such.

2. Others favorite threads in X forum: Same thing as above, only this time, the list will be generate from those threads that are liked written by thread opener.

I mean, for example, when you are visiting CAT forums thread, and you found one of my thread there, you click it, you will see my thread with 2 sidebars, one is showing a list of others threads that I liked from CATs forum. Another is showing a list of my threads from CAT forum that been liked by other.

Same way When you are visiting DOG, or Monkey forum, you will see the same result.

Got the picture? Is it too hard or gonna put too load over server?

2. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

You meant 2 sidebar blocks not 2 sidebars right?

Sounds possible but I'm not sure about the server load. It will be a bit expensive in term of server resource.

1. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

Forum Lover @xfrocks Yup, sidebar blocks.

Server resources can reduced by caching? I mean not to check every secont, daily once would be fine.

Your widget hack wont make it?

3. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

@xfrocks Can your widget script can pull this in thread pages?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response. I was terribly busy :(

If you are still interested in this, we can go ahead with it. The quote is $100, deliver within 3 days.