[bd] Alerts Test Thread

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by xfrocks, Jun 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
    Staff Member

If you would like to test [bd] Alerts add-on functionalities, feel free to post in this thread and/or watch it. Our staff will make sure your post collect some likes. We will also post regularly to make sure you receive thread watch notification.

To test feature [2] (mark alerts as read), you need to watch this thread and wait for the notificaiton email. When you receive it, do not click the link. Please go to http://xfrocks.com by enter the address manually, you should see that you have 1 unread alert bubble (do not hover the mouse over the bubble). Now go back to your email and click the link, you should be redirected to the post and the bubble should went away.
    Resources | XFROCKS
    xfrocks.com

2. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Member

I will start testing :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

3. tafreehm

tafreehm New Member

me testing as well.

john_the_tester and xfrocks like this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tafreehm This is xfrocks replying. Make sure you check the alert bubble before clicking the link in your email ;)

2. tafreehm

tafreehm New Member

tafreehm @xfrocks if you don't mind can you send me a custom one..

3. tafreehm

tafreehm New Member

tafreehm @xfrocks Since, HTML is allowed can you wrap up your code with <span style="background-color: #ff0000;"> </span>, will it work ?

4. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @tafreehm You can wrap your alert with the <span /> tag as you like but depending on the design of the site, that will not work well since each alert entry in the list contains several different elements: the avatar on the left, the date time on the bottom, etc. You can only change the background of the alert text.

tafreehm likes this.
  4. cees50

cees50 New Member

Just a question. Im using topic starter rights, to let users moderate a node their selfs. If i have it right, i can make a alert for that? so if ua user places a post in that thread, the owner gets an alert thtas there a new post? because its getting in the moderation, and then the owner sees nothing.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cees50 I don't entirely understand your question. But the [bd] Alerts add-on doesn't add new type of alerts, it groups similar alerts together and it mark alert as read when you click link in emails. If your site is using some add-on to handle the mentioned business logic, it will work just fine.

For detailed answer, please describe your situation a bit more clear. Thank you.

5. cees50

cees50 New Member

Ok,

my question was a bit odd.

I am using the add on topic starter permissions. In that add on, i can set the right for a topic starter to moderate his own thread. I just gave them approve unapprove rights. I set the node rights on moderation all posts under the forum options tab.

The result is that when a user is posting in the topic started therad, they get an message, that their post is under moderation.

Now my problem. If the poster is a moderator, he can see that there is a modeartion waiting in the moderation toolbar. But the users arent mods. SO they dont see a thing. SO i was thinking if this add on of you is making new alerts, my problem was solved :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @cees50 Ah I see your point now. Unfortunately, this add-on will not be able to help you with your problem (because it does not send any new alerts). Probably you should ask the topic starter add-on author to add that functionality for you? Should not be too hard I hope.

6. maxicep

maxicep New Member

testing

xfrocks likes this.
    1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

7. anto74

anto74 Member

I'm testing! :)

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

8. bortrenamo

bortrenamo New Member

testing

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

bortrenamo likes this.
  9. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

please quote my post

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

10. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

please like it also :D

john_the_tester likes this.
  11. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

It doesn't group?

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @RoldanLT It only groups same actions. Example: two likes of the same post.

RoldanLT likes this.
  12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Active Member

Here's the image.

upload_2014-1-18_10-12-31.png

13. Michael

Michael New Member

Testy

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

Michael New Member

Test again :D No problem lol

15. Motobaka

Motobaka New Member

Testing?

1. john_the_tester

Partner

16. Motobaka

Motobaka New Member

Oh! Had no idea how this worked.

1. xfrocks

xfrocks XenForo rocks!
      Staff Member

xfrocks @Motobaka In your alert list, you should see one 1 entry of 2 users liked your post. Normally, there will be 2 entries. This add-on merges them into 1. It helps when a post gets lots of likes, all of those will be merged together.

Motobaka likes this.
  17. billybatz9

billybatz9 New Member

18. Forum Lover

Forum Lover New Member

Testing Post.

19. wmtech

wmtech New Member

20. Intradox

Intradox New Member

test