Import Game Error

Discussion in 'Chatting' started by kylek, Apr 10, 2017.

1. kylek

kylek New Member

Sorry for posting this in Chatting but dont have access to arcade section to post.

I have been trying the last couple of weeks to get the arcade running but still keep getting the tar error that I have seen many people have when trying to import a game.

include_once(Archive/Tar.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
    2. Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 146
    3. Zend_Loader::loadFile() in Zend/Loader.php at line 94
    4. Zend_Loader::loadClass() in Zend/Filter/Compress/Tar.php at line 62
    5. Zend_Filter_Compress_Tar->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
    6. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
    7. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in Arcade/Model/Import.php at line 56
    8. Arcade_Model_Import->extract() in Arcade/ControllerAdmin/Arcade.php at line 299
    9. Arcade_ControllerAdmin_Arcade->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/yorkiep/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Had my web host check to see if php pear was installed and it is.

"root@host [~]# pear install archive_tar
    pear/archive_tar is already installed and is the same as the released version 1.4.2"

"Hello,
    Unfortunately I can't say exactly what's causing that, I found one report on xenforo's forums but no solutions there
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-arcade.90066/page-2

Xenforo Arcade

off topic - Aero site is looking good bud! Raffle addon working ok? Have your members participated? I have the competition addon, but couldn't really get people to participate. -Off Topic as well...
    xenforo.com

The full path to the Tar.php file in PEAR is /opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear/Archive/Tar.php
    You may want to check with a developer or the xenforo forums."

htacess file is pretty standard:

Code:
    #    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
    #    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
    #<IfModule mod_security.c>
    #    SecFilterEngine Off
    #    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    #</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
    ErrorDocument 403 default
    ErrorDocument 404 default
    ErrorDocument 405 default
    ErrorDocument 406 default
    ErrorDocument 500 default
    ErrorDocument 501 default
    ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[0-9]+\..+\.cpaneldcv$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/acme-challenge/[0-9a-zA-Z_-]+$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
        #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
        #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
        #RewriteBase /xenforo

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
        #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
        RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
        RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
        RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
    </IfModule>

Increased the upload_max_filesize_upload in php.ini to 2M

This is really frustrating as we switched the site over from vb4 to xenForo as I saw that several sites are running this aracade and then once installed I cant import any games. Members are pissed as we promised there would be an arcade after the switch of forum software.

I can manually add a game but when it comes to games that have a game data folder with a lot of files in it there doesn't seem to be a way to upload all files needed for the game.

Has anybody that had this import tar error and problem been able to solve it?

2. kylek

kylek New Member

Gonna update this, maybe a reason that others are still having this issue.

I was having this issue on a site that was running php56. After doing some googling I came across a thread where it was mentioned that "PEAR is no longer compiled by default when you install PHP 5.6 via Homebrew:, I had to brew uninstall php56 && brew install php56 --with-pear to fix this issue."

So thought I would test on different php versions.

Switched from php56 to php 55 and the errors went away when importing a .tar file to the arcade, and was able to import 20 games in a row.

Then switched to php70 to test and the same results - no errors when importing a .tar file and everything worked great.

I have contacted my web host to see if this was possible the reason mentioned above on why I was having issues and getting errors trying to import a .tar file.

So far haven't found any issues using php70 with XF so will stick with it for now.